||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2014)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2014)|
|Stable release||4.1.5 (August 2, 2014[±])|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
ExpanDrive is a Network file system client for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows that facilitates mapping of local volume to many different types of Cloud Storage. When a server is mounted with ExpanDrive any program can read, write, and manage remote files (that is, files that only exist on the server) as if they were stored locally . This is different than most File Transfer Clients because it is integrated into all applications on the operating system. It also does not require a file to be downloaded to access portions of the content. ExpanDrive is commercial software. A 7 day, unrestricted demo is available for evaluation.
Cloud Storage Protocols
- Amazon S3
- RackSpace Cloud Files
- OpenStack Swift Object Storage
- Google Drive
- Dream Objects
ExpanDrive 2 was released on June 21, 2011 adding support for plain FTP, Amazon S3 and a new ExpanDrive service named Strongspace Online Storage. ExpanDrive2 included a rewritten SFTP engine which lay the groundwork for a unified Mac and Windows code base.
Version 2.4, released in January 2013 was the first version to be released simultaneously for Windows and Mac.
ExpanDrive 3 was released on May 14, 2013 with a new new user-interface and support for many more drive types such as Dropbox, OpenStack, Rackspace and WebDAV.
- Comparison of FTP client software
- SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrivel » High Leverage Development - The ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive v2.4 released - ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- Tech Republic. "Using ExpanDrive to mount remote file systems". www.techrepublic.com. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "systemBash >> Map a drive letter to a SFTP / SSH Server". 31 January 2007. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- "Software Review: SftpDrive at JDHarper.com". 27 July 2007. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- Jeff Mancuso (2011-06-21). "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive 2 for Windows – FTP and S3, blazing fast SFTP". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Rui Carmo (2013-05-19). "ExpanDrive 3". http://the.taoofmac.com/. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Brett Terpstra (2014-06-18). "ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync". www.tuaw.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.