||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)
Experian Hitwise is a division of Experian that measures website traffic by collecting data directly from ISP networks.The service provides data on trends in visitor behavior and measures website market share. The Hitwise product is a commercial platform whereby customers pay Hitwise a premium to access data reports for their vertical. A common use of Hitwise is to measure market share on the internet.
In 2006 Hitwise was valued at £180m and was subsequently acquired by Experian for $240m on 19 April 2007.
- 1997 – Hitwise is founded in Melbourne by Adrian Giles and Andrew Barlow. Adrian Giles acted as Managing Director from 1997 to 2000. Andrew Barlow acted as Chairman and Joint-Managing Director from 1997 to 2000.
- 2000 – The "competitive intelligence" service launches. This service allows subscription access to Hitwise’s reports.
- 2001 – Hitwise launches in New Zealand, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Singapore.
- 2002 – Hitwise is ranked 5th in the Deloitte Fast 50 in Australia
- 2003 – Hitwise launches in the United States
- 2004 – Hitwise is ranked 6th fasted in the Deloitte Fast 50
- 2006 – Hitwise purchases HitDynamics a bid management and web analytics platform.
- 2007 – Hitwise is acquired by Experian
- 2008 - Hitwise is ranked #37 on the Honomichl Top 50 list of US Market Research Firms
- 2009 - Hitwise launches in Canada and Brazil.
- 2010 - Hitwise launches in France
- 2010 - Hitwise launches in India
- 2003: Australian Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Finalist – Adrian Giles (founder)
- 2004: UK Revolution Awards – Winner Most Innovative UK Digital Business
- 2002–2006: Deloitte Fast 50
See also 
Competitors in the internet market research space include AdGooroo, Alexa, comScore, Netcraft, Quantcast and Spyfu.
External links