||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2012)|
|Products||business software, retail store automation|
Experticity is a Salt Lake City, UT-based sales and service solution company, whose Experticity software platform enables enterprises to deliver live on-screen customer service and sales experts to customers in stores, service counters, and directly to consumer PCs. Using interactive video, audio and data, the Experticity platform allows companies to load balance staff to consumers on demand.
Experticity was founded in 2005, as a successor to Video-Mation, which launched in 2001. The genesis of the idea came from a moment of frustration at an airport, where the company’s founder, D.L. Baron found himself waiting in a long line. Watching the inefficiency of the staffing and operations, Mr. Baron decided that “single point staffing”, as it was practiced at airports, in retail, hospitality, financial services, etc. had not changed since the dawn of the industrial age. Given the advent of widespread broadband connectivity, Mr. Baron thought that distributing service and sales experts live over the internet for “multi-point staffing” would be possible and much more efficient.
The company was founded by Baron and a single software developer in Seattle, Washington. Seattle was specifically chosen to be the base of Experticity based on Seattle's history of successful technology firms. Experticity solidified its first partnership with Microsoft and soon thereafter featured at the NRF trade show at Microsoft's booth. It was at the NRF trade show that Experticity began its relationship with Staples of Canada, later going on to implement the Experticity platform in 34 stores.
Awards and Media Coverage
The Experticity platform has garnered attention in the U.S. as well as Canada and the UK, being featured in many articles and winning several awards since its inception. Shortly after Experticity was founded in 2005 the software solution was featured on Microsoft’s web site, and was followed up with a Best in Show Award at the ACCE Show in 2005. Shortly thereafter Experticity began to gain momentum, as articles discussing the Experticity platform could be found in Advertising Age, Kiosk Marketplace, Retail Week, and Brand Week.
Experticity continued to gain attention from American and Canadian media, and in January 2007 was recognized at Self Service & Kiosk Association's annual trade show. Soon after, Red Herring included Experticity in its “Red Herring 100”, given to the top 100 private technology companies based in North America. CBC Business Week also interviewed Experticity CEO and founder D.L. Baron regarding Experticity's solution and their partnership with Staples of Canada. Also in 2007, articles devoted to Experticity's platform appeared in prominent news forums like Retail Solutions Online and The Consumerist. Online business information resource StorefrontBacktalk also featured a story about the partnership between Experticity and Staples. Also, a cover story in Canadian Retailer discussed Experticity’s partnership with Staples of Canada.
- “Concierge solution lets hotels deliver highly polished service any time of day”, Microsoft Business & Industry, March 16, 2005.
- “Editor Choice: Best of Show!!". ACCE Show Archives, October 25, 2005.
- “Startup uses kiosks to bring expert advice in-store”, Kiosk Marketplace, October 14, 2005.
- “Is Sluggish Sector Ready For Retail 2.0?”, Brandweek, December 4, 2006.
- “Social Retailing splashes into NRF show:. Self Service & Kiosk Association, January 24, 2007.
- “Red Herring reveals winners of the Red Herring 100 Spring 2007”. Red Herring, May 2, 2007.
- “Remote Customer Service”. CBC Business Week, June 15, 2007.
- “Experticity Offers Live Customer Support With NCR EasyPoint Kiosks”. January 7, 2008.
- “Staples Installs Two-Way Video Customer Stations” The Consumerist, July 16, 2008.
- “Staples Trial: 2-Way Live Video Kiosk That Controls Payment, Scanners”. StorefrontBacktalk, July 18, 2008.
- “The Video Advantage, Canadian Retailer, Sept/Oct 2008.
- “NCR and Experticity Announce Global Reseller Agreement”. October 15, 2008.