Export Promotion Bureau, Bangladesh
The Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) is a Bangladesh government agency located within the Ministry of Commerce. It is responsible for developing the nation's export industry and promoting Bangladeshi goods in markets abroad.
Initial proclamations were made on August 20th and November 8th in 1975. Following these proclamations, the President of Bangladesh passed the Export Promotion Bureau Ordinance in 1977 and consequently EPB was established.
The EPB consists of the following divisions:
- Policy and Planning Division
- Commodities Development Division
- Information Division
- Fairs and Display Division
- Administration and Finance Division
- Textile Division
- Statistics and Research
- Information and Communications Technology
- "An Ordinance to provide for the establishment of a Bureau for promotion of export.". Ministry of Law, Bangladesh. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Official website
- "Exports see 36% growth in September". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Unrest, holidays send October export growth to 14-month low". New Age. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Export defies odds". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
|This article about government and politics in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|