Extertal is a municipality in the Lippe district of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, with c. 12,600 inhabitants.
Extertal is located on the northern edge of the circle in the Teutoburg Nature Reserve, directly adjacent to Lower Saxony. The Exter and Humme rivers flow through the region. The municipality has its headquarters in the Bösingfeld district. Neighbouring cities are Rinteln, Aerzen, Barntrup, Dörentrup and Kalletal.
The highest point of the city is at 371 meters above sea level. The municipality dimensions are about 12.2 kilometers east-west and about 12.5 kilometers north-south.
Churches and religious communities 
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Bösingfeld, Mittelstrasse 33
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Almena, Kirchstrasse 1, 32699 Extertal-Almena
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Silixen, Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Strasse 5
- Catholic Church: Adolf-Kolping-Weg 1
- Free Evangelical Community: Mühlenstrasse 4
- Jehovah's Witnesses: Papenweg 2
- New Apostolic Church: Bahnhofstrasse
External links