Exto Partners was founded in 2003  by William Deane, a former lawyer with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, and Peter Hammond, a former management consultant with BearingPoint. The company made its first investment in a biotech company in March 2003 and has since invested across a broad array of industries in seed, A round and follow-on funding.
Exto Partners is considered an active investor that works with founders to build their business globally.
- "Company Overview of Exto Partners". Bloomberg Business Week.
- "From-VC-Partner-to-Startup-CEO-a-Different-View". Lake Republic.
- "US-Opening-for-Gym-Chain-Envie-Fitness". Franchising Magazine.
- "Sensear Honoured at Launch Silicon Valley".
- "Commercialisation Australia Awards $1.2m to Energy Efficiency Start-up". Startup Smart.
- "BuildingIQ to Expand After Successful Funding Round". Renew Economy.
- "BuildingIQ: Rich data for energy efficiency". The Fifth Estate.
- "Exto Braves the IPO Exit Door". Australian Financial Review.
- "AirtaskerRaises $2million for Renewed Micro-task Push". Business Spectator.
- "Airtasker Snags $2million Funding Round". Tech World.
- "An Elementary IPO". Business Review Weekly.
- "CSIRO Technology Helps Cut Building Energy Consumption". Electrical Solutions.
- "Sensear secures $7.1million round of private funding". PR Newswire.
- "Biotechnology Business Leader Appointed CEO of Australian Nobel Prize Winners Company". College Hill - Life Sciences.
- "Learning the Contours of Franchising". Switzer.