|This article relies on references to primary sources. (June 2010)|
Extra is a brand of sugarfree gum produced by the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company in North America, Europe, some parts of Africa and Australasia. It was launched in 1984 as the company's first ever sugarfree product, and became one of the most popular brands of gum in the United States within a few years.
The brand identity of Extra gum varies considerably in different markets, often having completely different flavours, logos and slogans for each country. Extra is currently the sponsor of the Mexican national football team.
Availability of flavours
- "Worldwide Brands". Wrigley.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Extra | Sugar Free Gum | Extra Dessert Delights". Wrigley.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Extra® Gum, the Official Sponsor of the Mexican National Team, Brings CONCACAF Gold... – CHICAGO, June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Wrigley UK :: Extra". Wrigley.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "EXTRA®". Wrigley.com.au. Retrieved 2013-03-04.