Extra Space Storage
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2014)|
|Type||Public NYSE: EXR|
|Industry||Real Estate Investment Trust self storage|
|Headquarters||Cottonwood Heights, Utah, USA|
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||Spencer Kirk
Chairman and CEO
|Products||Climate controlled and non-climate controlled storage units|
|Net income||$7.9 Million|
Extra Space Storage Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) based in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Nearby Salt Lake City is commonly indicated as the company's location in corporate filings and news accounts. It provides self storage services throughout the USA.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest owner and/or operator of self-storage properties in the United States and is the largest self-storage management company in the United States.
- Founded in 1977.
- Publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as of April 14, 2004.
- Acquired Storage USA on July 14, 2005.
- Surpassed 1000 properties, 2013.
- Salt Lake Tribune Article About Extra Space Storage
- Barron's: Extra Space Storage CEO in for Long Haul
- RBC Capital Markets, Friday, August 11, 2006 – Extra Space Storage downgraded to "sector perform" - update
- Inside Self Storage: "Industry Giant Extra Space Storage expands, educates" Article by Elaine Foxwell