|Created by||Louis Gassin|
|Directed by||Rich Trueblood|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||52 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Allen J. Bohbot
Kaaren Lee Brown
Ralph J. Sorrentino
Paul De Cham
|Running time||22 min|
|Production company(s)||DIC Entertainment|
|Original channel||Syndicated, 1997|
|Original run||September 1, 1997 – December 24, 1997|
|Related shows||Street Sharks|
|Slogan||Teeth! Claws! Muscles & Jaws!|
The film starred a Tyrannosaurus, a Triceratops, a Stegosaurus, and a Pteranodon that were transformed into super warriors by an interdimensional criminal named Argor Zardok. They rebelled against the alien criminal and do battle with Argor's second group of warriors known as the evil Raptors. Eventually, the Raptors' objective is to cause global warming by increasing the Earth's temperature, which will make life on earth more comfortable for reptiles.
Extreme Dinosaurs 1996 Toy Line
Extreme Dinosaurs is a series of toys created by Mattel in 1996. It later spawned a TV Show in 1997 with the same name. Originally called "Dino Vengers," these toys are about a group of college teens who turn into Dinosaurs (the plot for the toys is a lot different than the plot of the TV show). The main toys are "T-Bone," "Bullzeye," "Spike," "Stegz," and "Hard Rock." The enemies of the toy line are "Bad Rap," "Haxx," and "Spittor." Later on, the toys expanded into "Dino Vision" toys, which let you see through the Dinosaur character (as if you were the dinosaur). There were also War Paint and recolors of the toys. The toys were also a spin off on "Street Sharks," a toy line also by Mattel that later was made into a TV show.
- T-Bone (voiced by Scott McNeil) - A Tyrannosaurus who was the team leader. He is easily the most serious of the group, although he displays a more casual side. While the others are often distracted by their own interests, T-Bone always remains focused. His signature move, that he can perform alone or with any in the group, is the "Saurian Stomp" which shakes the local ground. T-Bone wears black boots with dark green pants and shoulder blades.
- Stegz (voiced by Sam Khouth) - A Stegosaurus who was the team's technological specialist and the most contemplative of them. He can curl his body into a destructive saw blade, using the plates on his back as its cutting edge. Stegz wears purple shorts and black boots.
- Bullzeye (voiced by Jason Gray-Stanford) - A wise-cracking Pteranodon youngster, whose chief weapon is a shriek of ear-splitting frequency. Bullzeye is lazy and has a bad habit of making purchases off the shopping network channels. Bullzeye wears yellow pants, black shoes and what appears to be a gold necklace.
- Spike (voiced by Cusse Mankuma) - A Triceratops who is a martial arts expert and the team's resident chef that mainly specializes in salsa dishes (often with chips), Spike is armed with a hard head that can bust through, apparently, anything. He's smitten with ally Chedra and, despite his over eagerness to fight, tends a garden in his free time (akin to Samurai warriors). Spike goes about bare foot, wears brown shorts, a yellow belt.
- Hard Rock (voiced by Blu Mankuma) - An Ankylosaurus who joined the team partway through the series. Hard Rock is from another dimension and is far-too-friendly by nature, but is still capable of fighting effectively. Of the group, he is the pacifist and most understanding.
The Velociraptors (or just Raptors) are the enemy of the Extreme Dinosaurs with the determination of conquering planet Earth or changing its climate by using methods to cause global warming to fit their comfort.
- Bad Rap (voiced by Gary Chalk) - The orange, striped leader of the Raptors, who has a metal brace-like device attached to his mouth (ans briefly, a weapon on one hand that can dissolve solid matter effortlessly). Bad Rap wears a yellow strap over his torso and waist, black shorts, and walks about with no shoes. His goal is to permanently alter the Earth's biosphere to closely resemble the Mesozoic.
- Haxx (voiced by Lee Tockar) - A mahogany raptor with implants on the backs of each wrist that produce green blades, whose tail has been replaced with a blade-covered, spinning duplication. Haxx is the most-gifted among of all of the main character with his abilities, but he is set back by his low intelligence. He wears pink shorts.
- Spittor (voiced by Terry Klassen) - is mulberry purple raptor who is considered to be the "brains" of the raptors. He will make sophisticated plans or have the technical know how to help Bad Rap goal of changing the Earth's climate. Spittor doesn't wear any form of clothing, yet he does have a tank that he carries various types of liquids in that are released from nozzles on his hands, tail and mouth.
- Cyber-Raptors - Robot versions of raptors built by Spittor to aid them in their fight against the Extreme Dinosaurs. First appeared in the episode "Cyber Raptors".
During the episodes of Street Sharks, the Raptors also appeared as the nemeses of the Extreme Dinosaurs/Dino Vengers. However, Bad Rap and Spittor had their basic hide colors exchanged and had different voice actors than their ED counterparts much like the Dino Vengers.
The Quadrainians are a race of humanoids from the dimension Quadrainia.
- Argor Zardok (voiced by Terry Klassen) - Argor Zardok is a wanted criminal from Quadriania. Argor Zardok arrives from Quadrainia to Earth 65 million years in the past. He transformed the Extreme Dinosaurs (except Hard Rock) and Raptors by using a molecular machine to increase their intelligence and making them anthropomorphic. The goal was to return to his world with his newfound mutations to conquer it. One of his weapons that was given to the raptors was too powerful for planet Earth causing the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Chedra Bodzak (voiced by Louise Vallance) - A female law officer who has been stranded on Earth. She is obsessed with law and always carries a Codebook wherein the many rules of her race are inscribed. Although her book is (as T-Bone observes) sixty-five million years out of date, Chedra persists in quoting from it and in scolding her friends when they violate its edicts.
- Porcupine McVells - Paleontologist and owner of a private Dinosaur Museum. Being very used to oddities, he has no objection to allowing the ravenous Extreme Dinosaurs to stay in his establishment for as long as they choose. He lends them a "crock-pot" to use as an incubator for the then-unhatched egg that would later become Stegz's pet Ostrich Ditto, shares his knowledge of machinery, and presumably keeps their existence a secret.
- Peter Benning - Also a Paleontologist, who originally found the dinosaurs and woke them up from their hibernation. Dr. Benning is determined to capture the Extreme Dinosaurs and Raptors for fame and glory.
- Rebecca Scarwell (voiced by Marcy Goldberg) - A secretive Scientist who has been researching mutations and extraterrestrials. She captures the Extreme Dinosaurs more than once, learning in the process how intelligent they are.
- Ridge - A dinosaur of unknown species (very likely a Dilophosaurus). He fights as champion in an intergalactic fighting arena enslaved by a queen.
- Prince H - The prince of England who sometimes helps the Extreme Dinosaurs with some missions. He keeps their secret too.
- Ditto - Stegz's pet ostrich who had hatched from an egg which Bad Rap mistook for real dinosaur eggs. Occasionally appears in various episodes.
The series had one season comprising 52 episodes.
Principal voice actors
- Jacques Bourassa -
- Gary Chalk - Badrap
- Marcy Goldberg - Becky Scarwell
- Jason Gray-Stanford - Bullzeye
- Samuel Khouth - Stegs
- Terry Klassen - Spittor, Argor Zardok
- Blu Mankuma - Hardrock
- Cusse Mankuma - Spike
- Scott McNeil - T-Bone
- Lee Tockar - Haxx
- Stevie Vallance - Chedra Bodzak
- Andrew Airlie -
- Carol Alexander -
- Sean Amsing -
- Pat Armstrong -
- Kathleen Barr -
- Jay Brazeau -
- Sudsey Clark -
- Jennifer Copping -
- Andrew Francis -
- Merrilyn Gann -
- Christopher Grey - Chris Gray in the credits.
- Phil Hayes -
- Art Irizawa -
- Brennan Kotowich -
- Andrea Libman -
- Patricia Mayan-Salazar -
- Jane Mortifee -
- Alandra Napali Kai -
- Jessica Lee Owens -
- Tamara Phillips -
- William Samples -
- David Sobolov -
- Bill Switzer -
- Tyler Thomson -
- Simon Webb -
- Alec Willows -
- Dale Wilson -
- Marsha Goodman - Casting and Voice Director
- Jessica Grant - Talent Coordinator
- Deborah Matlovsky - Talent Coordinator
- Paul Quinn - Casting and Voice Director
- Lisa Schaffer - Talent Coordinator
The episodes Out of Time, Fossil Fooled, Ick-thysaurus Vacation, Inevitable Eggztinction, Raptoroid, and Bullzeye Surfs the Web were released on four different VHS tapes. So far, there are no plans to release the series on DVD.
It was on Netflix until April 17. There is no new information on when/if it will be back.
- WTTV UPN 4 - Indianapolis, IN
- WOI ABC 5 - Des Moines, IA
- XETV Fox 6 - San Diego, CA
- WWCP Fox 8 - Johnstown, PA
- KMSP UPN 9 - Minneapolis, MN
- WWOR UPN 9 - New York, NY
- KSTW UPN 11 - Seattle, WA
- K13VC 13 - Austin, TX
- WZZM ABC 13 - Grand Rapids, MI
- KCOP UPN 13 - Los Angeles, CA
- WLYH UPN 15 - Harrisburg, PA
- WTWB WB 19 - Pittsburgh, PA
- KTXA UPN 21 - Dallas, TX
- KUPN UPN 21 - Las Vegas, NV
- KSKN UPN 22 - Spokane, WA
- WCGV UPN 24 - Milwaukee, WI
- WDRL UPN 24 - Roanoke, VA
- WBQC WB 25 - Cincinnati, OH
- WCIU 26 - Chicago, IL
- WSFX Fox 26 - Wilmington, NC
- KCWB WB 29 - Kansas City, MO
- WTTK UPN 29 - Kokomo, IN
- KABB Fox 29 - San Antonio, TX
- WWWB WB 32 - Tampa, FL
- KLSR Fox 34 - Eugene, OR
- KOCB UPN 34 - Oklahoma City, OK
- WPME UPN 35 - Portland, ME
- WMMP UPN 36 - Charleston, SC
- WSBK UPN 38 - Boston, MA
- KBHK UPN 44 - San Francisco, CA
- WFND UPN 47 - Findlay, OH
- WGTW 48 - Philadelphia, PA
- WNGT UPN 48 - Toledo, OH
- WRAZ WB 50 - Raleigh, NC
- WBDC WB 50 - Washington, DC
- WNUV UPN 54 - Baltimore, MD
- WRBW UPN 65 - Orlando, FL
- WABM UPN 68 - Birmingham, AL