|Created by||Louis Gassin|
|Directed by||Rich Trueblood|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||52 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Allen J. Bohbot
Kaaren Lee Brown
Ralph J. Sorrentino
Paul De Cham
|Running time||22 min|
|Production company(s)||DIC Entertainment|
|Original channel||Syndicated, 1997|
|Original run||September 1, 1997 – December 24, 1997|
|Related shows||Street Sharks|
|Slogan||Teeth! Claws! Muscles & Jaws!|
The series starred a Tyrannosaurus, a Triceratops, a Stegosaurus, and a Pteranodon that were transformed into super warriors by an interdimensional criminal named Argor Zardok. They rebelled against the alien criminal and do battle with Argor's second group of warriors known as the evil Raptors. Eventually, the Raptors' objective is to cause global warming by increasing the Earth's temperature, which will make life on earth more comfortable for reptiles.
Extreme Dinosaurs 1996 toy line
Extreme Dinosaurs is a series of toys created by Mattel in 1996. It later spawned a TV Show in 1997 with the same name. Originally called "Dino Vengers," these toys are about a group of college teens who turn into Dinosaurs (the plot for the toys is a lot different than the plot of the TV show). The main toys are "T-Bone," "Bullzeye," "Spike," "Stegz," and "Hard Rock." The enemies of the toy line are "Bad Rap," "Haxx," and "Spittor." Later on, the toys expanded into "Dino Vision" toys, which let you see through the Dinosaur character (as if you were the dinosaur). There were also War Paint and recolors of the toys. The toys were also a spin-off of "Street Sharks", a toy line also by Mattel that later was made into a TV show.
- T-Bone (voiced by Scott McNeil) - A Tyrannosaurus who is the team's leader. T-Bone is attentive to the primary objective even where the others are distracted by personal pleasure. His signature move, that he can perform alone or with any in the group, is the "Saurian Stomp" which shakes the local ground. T-Bone is olive and wears black boots (where one of his claws protrudes through the right boot), dark green pants, and shoulder blades.
- Stegz (voiced by Sam Khouth) - A Stegosaurus who is the team's technological specialist and the most contemplative of them. He can curl his body into a destructive saw blade, using the plates on his back as its cutting edge. Stegz is green and wears purple shorts and black boots.
- Bullzeye (voiced by Jason Gray-Stanford) - A wise-cracking Pteranodon whose chief weapon is a shriek of ear-splitting frequency. Bullzeye is lazy and given to impulse buying. Bullzeye is brown and wears yellow pants, black shoes (which his claws protrude through), and a gold necklace.
- Spike (voiced by Cusse Mankuma) - A Triceratops with one broken horn. He is a martial arts expert and the team's resident chef. Spike is armed with a hard head that can bust through, apparently, anything. He's smitten with ally Chedra. Despite his eagerness to fight, he tends a garden in his free time (akin to Samurai warriors). Spike is blue and wears brown shorts, brown leg bands, a yellow belt, and is always barefoot making him the only member of the group that doesn't wear shoes.
- Hard Rock (voiced by Blu Mankuma) - An Ankylosaurus from an alternate reality inhabited by humanoid dinosaurs. After helping to thwart the Raptors, Hard Rock moved to Earth where he joined the Extreme Dinosaurs. Of the members of the group, he is the principal pacifist. Hard Rock is grey and wears red pants with grey boots.
- Bad Rap (voiced by Garry Chalk) - The leader of the Raptors. He is orange with yellow stripe tail who has a metal brace-like device attached to his mouth. He briefly had a weapon on one hand that can dissolve solid matter effortlessly. Bad Rap wears a yellow strap over his torso and waist and black shorts. His goal is to permanently alter the Earth's biosphere to closely resemble the Mesozoic.
- Haxx (voiced by Lee Tockar) - A mahogany Raptor with implants on the backs of each wrist that produce green blades, whose tail has been replaced with a blade-covered and is capable of spinning like a drill. Haxx is the most-gifted among of all of the main character with his abilities, but he is set back by his low intelligence. He wears pink shorts.
- Spittor (voiced by Terry Klassen) - The technical wizard and brains of the Raptor gang. He is mulberry-purple with white on his neck, chest and feet. Spittor wears no clothing and carries a tank with various liquids released from nozzles on his hands, tail and mouth.
- Cyber-Raptors - Robot versions of Raptors built by Spittor against the Extreme Dinosaurs. They first appeared in the episode "Cyber Raptors".
During the episodes of Street Sharks, the Raptors also appeared as the nemeses of the Dino Vengers. Bad Rap and Spittors base coloration have been altered compared to the Extreme Dinosaurs.
The Quadrainians are a race of blue-skinned humanoids from the largely-unseen Quadrainia.
- Argor Zardok (voiced by Terry Klassen) - Argor Zardok is a wanted criminal from Quadrainia who arrives on Earth in the Mesozoic and transforms most of the principal characters into his personal soldiers. Argor Zardok caused the K-T Event by equipping Bad Rap with a supremely-powerful weapon.
- Chedra Bodzak (voiced by Louise Vallance) - A female law officer stranded on Earth alongside the Extreme Dinosaurs and distinguished by constant reference to a 'Codebook' containing the laws of her society. She serves as mentor to the Dinosaurs and as a comic foil when they transgress her book's edicts.
- Porcupine Duvall (voiced by Garry Chalk) - A paleontologist and owner of a private Dinosaur Museum which the Extreme Dinosaurs inhabit as their lair.
- Peter Benning (voiced by Sam Khouth) - A paleontologist who is determined to capture the Extreme Dinosaurs and Raptors for fame and glory.
- Rebecca Scarwell (voiced by Marcy Goldberg) - A secretive scientist researching mutations and extraterrestrials, who captures the Extreme Dinosaurs more than once.
- Ridge (voiced by Scott McNeil) - A dinosaur of unknown species (likely a Dilophosaurus) who fights as champion in an intergalactic fighting arena enslaved by a queen.
- Prince H (voiced by Jacques Bourassa) - The Prince of England who sometimes helps the Extreme Dinosaurs with some missions.
- Ditto - Stegz's pet ostrich who was hatched from an egg which Bad Rap mistook for a Velociraptor egg. Occasionally appears in various episodes.
- Queen Zarconda (Kathleen Barr) - The main antagonizing queen of an alien world in Collosodome, and Dinosaur warriors who kidnapped T-Bone, Spike, and Stegz to satisfy her amusement in Tyranny, and Power.
Principal voice actors
- Jacques Bourassa - Prince H
- Garry Chalk - Bad Rap/Porcupine Duvall/Nigel Moorehead/Various
- Marcy Goldberg - Rebecca Scarwell
- Jason Gray-Stanford - Bullzeye
- Samuel Vincent - Stegz/Peter Benning
- Terry Klassen - Spittor/Argor Zardok/Gort
- Blu Mankuma - Hardrock
- Cusse Mankuma - Spike
- Scott McNeil - T-Bone/Ridge/Various
- Lee Tockar - Haxx/Various
- Stevie Vallance - Chedra Bodzak
- Marsha Goodman - Casting and Voice Director
- Jessica Grant - Talent Coordinator
- Deborah Matlovsky - Talent Coordinator
- Paul Quinn - Casting and Voice Director
- Lisa Schaffer - Talent Coordinator
The episodes Out of Time, Fossil Fooled, Ick-thysaurus Vacation, Inevitable Eggztinction, Raptoroid, and Bullzeye Surfs the Web were released on four different VHS tapes.
The complete series was released over four DVD volumes by Force Entertainment in Australia. Each DVD volume included a single opening & ending sequence, with 13 episodes in production order.
It was on Netflix until April 17. There is no new information on when/if it will be back.
- WTTV UPN 4 - Indianapolis, IN
- WOI ABC 5 - Des Moines, IA
- XETV Fox 6 - San Diego, CA
- WWCP Fox 8 - Johnstown, PA
- KMSP UPN 9 - Minneapolis, MN
- WWOR UPN 9 - New York, NY
- KSTW UPN 11 - Seattle, WA
- K13VC FOX 13 - Austin, TX
- WZZM ABC 13 - Grand Rapids, MI
- KCOP UPN 13 - Los Angeles, CA
- WLYH UPN 15 - Harrisburg, PA
- WTWB WB 19 - Pittsburgh, PA
- KTXA UPN 21 - Dallas, TX
- KUPN UPN 21 - Las Vegas, NV
- KSKN UPN 22 - Spokane, WA
- WCGV UPN 24 - Milwaukee, WI
- WDRL UPN 24 - Roanoke, VA
- WBQC WB 25 - Cincinnati, OH
- WCIU 26 - Chicago, IL
- WSFX Fox 26 - Wilmington, NC
- KCWB WB 29 - Kansas City, MO
- WTTK UPN 29 - Kokomo, IN
- KABB Fox 29 - San Antonio, TX
- WUXP UPN 30 - Nashville, TN
- KWBP WB 32 - Portland, OR
- WWWB WB 32 - Tampa, FL
- KLSR Fox 34 - Eugene, OR
- KOCB UPN 34 - Oklahoma City, OK
- WPME UPN 35 - Portland, ME
- WMMP UPN 36 - Charleston, SC
- WSBK UPN 38 - Boston, MA
- KBHK UPN 44 - San Francisco, CA
- WFND UPN 47 - Findlay, OH
- WGTW 48 - Philadelphia, PA
- WNGT UPN 48 - Toledo, OH
- WRAZ WB 50 - Raleigh, NC
- WBDC WB 50 - Washington, DC
- WNUV UPN 54 - Baltimore, MD
- WRBW UPN 65 - Orlando, FL
- WABM UPN 68 - Birmingham, AL