Extresol Solar Power Station
The power station will be formed by three different systems: Extresol 1, Extresol 2 and Extresol 3, of 50 MW each, due to the power limitation of 50 MW per plant established by the Spanish legislation.
Extresol has a thermal storage system which absorbs part of the heat produced in the solar field during the day and stores it in molten salts.
Extresol 1 cost around 300 M€ and was inaugurated on 25 February 2009.
- List of solar thermal power stations
- List of energy storage projects
- Renewable energy in the European Union
- Sener Aeronáutica
- Solar power in Spain
- Solar thermal energy
- Wind power in Spain
- "Extresol". Estela Solar. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Inaugurada Extresol-I, la primera termoeléctrica de ACS en Extremadura" (in Spanish). Energías-Renovables.com. Retrieved 2010-02-25.