|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)
Exumer is a German thrash metal band formed in Wiesbaden in 1985 by singer/bassist Mem V. Stein and guitarist Ray Mensh. The band broke up in 1991 after two demos and two albums . Exumer appeared for a one-off show at Wacken Open Air in 2001 and were re-activated by V. Stein and Mensh in 2008.
The first album, Possessed by Fire, moves on the same line of Into the Dark Past of the then label mates of Angel Dust, the second album Rising from the Sea is rather more obvious the influence of Slayer thanks to the voice of Paul Arakaki, similar to that of Tom Araya. Soon after this album the band broke up only to reform in the 2001 during the exhibition at Wacken Open Air. In 2009 Exumer released a one track demo called Waking The Fire. Exumer have released their third album Fire & Damnation in April 2012.
- Current members
- Mem V. Stein – vocals (1985–1986, 2008–present), bass (1985–1986)
- Ray Mensh – guitar (1985–1991, 2008–present)
- T. Schiavo – bass (2009–present)
- Matthias Kassner – drums (2010–present)
- Former members
- Bernie Siedler – guitar (1985)
- Syke Bornetto – drums (1985–1989)
- Paul Arakaki – vocals, guitar (2009–2010), bass (1986–1988)
- John Cadden – vocals (1989)
- Franz Pries – bass (1989)
- Bernd Cramer – drums (1989)
- J.P. Rapp – drums (2009–2010)
- H.K. – guitar (2010–2013)
- 1985 - A Mortal in Black
- 1989 - Whips & Chains
- 2009 - Waking The Fire