||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Hebrew Wikipedia. (April 2012)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
Eyal Golan in 2011
|Birth name||Eyal Biton|
|Born||April 12, 1971|
Eyal Golan (Hebrew: אַיָּל גּוֹלָן; born Eyal Biton on April 12, 1971 in Rehovot, Israel), is a popular Israeli singer of Yemenite and Moroccan Jewish origins who sings in the Mizrahi style and considered one of the most successful singers of the Mizrahi genre in Israel.
Golan started performing in nightclubs at the age of 20. His first album, Lehisha ba'Laila (in Hebrew לחישה בלילה meaning Whisper in the Night) was released in 1995. In 1996, he put out another album, called BeHofa'a Haya (in Hebrew בהופעה חיה) being a live concert which included songs from famous Israeli singers such as Shlomo Artzi and others.
In 1996, Zeav Nechama and Tamir Kliski, members of the "Ethnix" were searching for a Mizrahi singer for producing a music album. The two saw Golan in a concert in the "Chava Club" in Petah Tikva, and decided to feature Golan's vocals the album. Their collaboration lasted until 2000 resulting in three hugely successful albums: Bila'adayikh (in Hebrew בלעדייך meaning Without You) in 1997, Chayal shel Ahavah (in Hebrew חייל של אהבה meaning Soldier of Love) in 1998 and Histakli Eilay (in Hebrew הסתכלי אלי meaning Look at me) in 1999 before they parted in 2000.
Meanwhile Eyal Golan continued solo with ever-increasing success. He was managed for a long time by record producer Ishai Ben Zur, who was responsible for the success of many of Eyal's albums. However, because of financial disputes, they stopped working together.
In 2008, Golan put out the album Hoze Otah Muli (in Hebrew הוזה אותך מולי meaning Imagining you facing me) and in two months sold over 145,000 albums. Based on the immense success of the album he toured in Israel including important shows at the Caesarea Amphitheater in 2008 and 2009. He also toured internationally remaining very popular in all countries of the Jewish Diaspora and with world music enthusiasts. Except for his debut album, all of Golan's studio albums have become platinum albums.
Born in the neighborhood of Kfar Marmorek in Rehovot, at 10, he enrolled in the youth program of the neighborhood football (soccer) club Hapoel Marmorek where he played in the youth program from 1981 to 1988
In 1988, he moved to the senior side of the club playing until 2005. In his last year of athletic sports life, he played for Maccabi Sha'arayim for one season (2005–06).
In June 2014 he became the owner of Hapoel Marmorek.
Television: Eyal Golan Is Calling You
|Eyal Golan Is Calling You
(אייל גולן קורא לך)
|Created by||Eyal Golan|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Original channel||Music 24, Israel|
|Original airing||20 February 2011|
On February 20, 2011, Eyal Golan introduced a new reality show on Israeli Music 24 called Eyal Golan Is Calling You (in Hebrew אייל גולן קורא לך) where he is searching for the next mizrahi music singer together with Yosi Gispan, Adi Leon and Yaron Elan.
On April 12, 2011 and in the first season finale in Haoman 17 club, Moran Mazor won the contest.
The show was renewed for a second season, and the winner in the finale broadcast on 25 March 2012 was the Arab-Israeli singer Nissren Kader.
In 1997, he was awarded the " Performer of the Year" award by Israeli Channel 2.
Eyal Golan was born on April 12, 1971 to Daniel (Dani) Biton and Ronit Jamil and grew up in the neighborhood of Kfar Marmorek in Rehovot. He lived in Rehovot until 2010 before moving to Tel Aviv. When he was 4 his parents divorced and Eyal lived with his mother's family.
On September 12, 2002 Golan married the Miss Israel of 2001 Ilanit Levi. The couple's eldest son Liam was born in 2003, and their youngest daughter Alin was born in 2006. In October 2008 the couple divorced.
On August 13, 2009 Golan introduced a cologne named after his initials -"E-Go".
In October 2013, Golan and senior managers in his company were indicted for tax evasion totaling some NIS 2.5 million ($702,307.50). According to the indictment, Golan and his managers had failed to report income and submitted false reports to the Israel Tax Authority between 2007 and 2010.
- 1995 – Lehisha ba'Laila – לחישה בלילה (A Whisper in the Night)
- 1997 – Bila'adayikh – בלעדייך (Without You)
- 1998 – Chayal shel Ahavah – חייל של אהבה (Soldier of Love)
- 1999 – Histakli Eilay – הסתכלי אלי (Look at Me)
- 2001 – Tslil Meytar – צליל מיתר (Sound of String)
- 2002 – v'Ani Koreh Lakh – ואני קורא לך (And I Call You)
- 2003 – Chalomot – חלומות – (Dreams)
- 2005 – Metziout Acheret – מציאות אחרת (A Different Reality)
- 2007 – Bishvilekh Notzarti – בשבילך נוצרתי (I Was Made For You)
- 2008 – Hoze Otah Muli – הוזה אותך מולי (Imagining You Facing Me)
- 2009 – Ze ani – זה אני (That's Me)
- 2010 – Derech LaHayem – דרך לחיים (A Way of Life)
- 2011 – Chelek Michayai – חלק מחיי (Part of My Life)
- 2012 - Nagt li Balev - נגעת לי בלב (You touched my heart)
- 2013 - Halev al Hashulhan - הלב על השולחן (The heart is on the table)
- 2014 - Yamim Yagidu - ימים יגידו (Time will tell)
- 1996 – BeHofa'a Haya – בהופעה חיה (Live in Concert)
- 2000 – haMofa'a haMeshoutaf: Ethnix v'Eyal Golan – המופע המשותף עם אתניקס (The Duet Concert of Ethnix and Eyal Golan)
- 2008 – Eyal Golan Baheichal Hatarbut – אייל גולן בהיכל התרבות (Eyal Golan Live at Heichal Hatarbut (also on DVD)
- 2009 - Eyal Golan Caesarea (2009)
- 2010 - Eyal Golan at Nokia Arena (2011)
- 2011 - Eyal Golan part of my life Live the Sultan's Pool (2012)
- Eyal Golan accused of major tax evasion - Ynetnews.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|