|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Eyck's initial training was at the Erfurter Hof, part of the Interhotel chain. He then worked in a number of well-known hotels in Europe, Palasthotel (East Berlin), Grand Hotel Regina (Grindelwald, Switzerland), The Dorchester (Mayfair, London), The Berkeley (London), The Lanesborough (London), Claridge's (London), The Ritz (London), Choupana Hills in Madeira and the Lowry Hotel in Manchester, UK. andel's Hotel, Berlin- Germany. At present he is Chef de Cuisine at the Hong Kong Jockey Clubs Fine Dining Restaurant- The Derby Restaurant and Bar in Hong Kong SAR
Awards and honors
- Meilleur Ouvrier de Grande Bretagne (now Master of Culinary Arts) in 2000 in the United Kingdom.
- Second Prize at the International Final of the 2002 Prix Pierre Taittinger Culinaire International Paris, France.
- Twice UK representative at the Bocuse d'Or in Lyon France, 8th place (2003)& 2005
- Chef Award - Competition, Craft Guild of Chefs, United Kingdom
- Twice winner (2004 & 2008) of the Grand Prix de Cuisine at Le Trophée International de Cuisine et Pâtisserie in Paris, France
- Manchester Chef of the Year in 2006 and Winner of Restaurant of the Year 2006 (Manchester Tourist Board)
- National Chef of the Year, United Kingdom in 2006
- Best Chef Mentor Northern Hospitality Award 2008
- Portuguese Chef of the Year in 2008
- Member of the Academie Culinaire de France
- Disciples of Escoffier Hong Kong-Asia