Eye of GNOME
Eye of GNOME 3.10
|Developer(s)||The GNOME Project|
|Stable release||3.12 (March 26, 2014[±])|
|Preview release||3.11.3 (February 19, 2014[±])|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Eye of GNOME is the official image viewer for the GNOME desktop environment. Unlike some other image viewers, Image Viewer will only display images. It does, however, provide basic effects for improved viewing, such as zooming, fullscreen, rotation, and transparent image background control.
Image Viewer supports the following file formats:
- ANI – Animation
- BMP – Windows Bitmap
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- ICO – Windows Icon
- JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PCX – PC Paintbrush
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- PNM – Portable Anymap from the PPM Toolkit
- RAS – Sun Raster
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TGA – Targa
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- Wireless Application Protocol Bitmap Format (WBMP)
- X BitMap (XBM)
- X PixMap (XPM)
Image Viewer also supports the viewing of the Exif/XMP metadata associated with an image.
Also, it used to render SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) as a rasterized bitmap by default. This bitmap then gets manipulated when scaling the image, resulting in pixelation when zooming in. However, this is fixed since version 2.31.1.
- Clasen, Matthias (2014-03-26). "GNOME 3.12 Released". GNOME mailing list. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Persch, Christian (2014-02-19). "GNOME 3.11.3". GNOME FTP Release mailing list. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "GNOME Photos 3.8.0". 2013-04-15.
- "Idea #4580: "Image Viewer (eye of gnome) doesn't handle animated .gif files."".
- "Bug #35545 in eog: "Doesn't display animated GIFs"".
- "2.29.1-0ubuntu1 : "eog" package : Ubuntu:". 2009-11-06.
- "eog - Browse and rotate images, a8133caa982f783c615eec8c8aa7eb6b0e5a9a95".
- "Idea #18167: "eye of gnome doesn't render svg properly"".
- "Bug #92127 in eog: "SVG images look blurry when zoomed in"".
- "GNOME Announcement List: "Eye of GNOME 2.31.1"".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eye of GNOME.|
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|