Eye of the Storm (Mark Heard album)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2010)|
|Eye of the Storm|
|Studio album by Mark Heard|
The Gold Mine
Los Angeles, California
|Label||Home Sweet Home|
|Mark Heard chronology|
Eye of the Storm is an album by Mark Heard, released in 1983 on Home Sweet Home Records. According to the liner notes: "This album is a special, one-time release of acoustic guitar-oriented material. It is homemade. It was recorded on 24 track equipment one instrument at a time."
All songs written by Mark Heard.
- "Eye of the Storm"
- "The Pain That Plagues Creation"
- "Well-worn Pages"
- "He Will Listen To You"
- "In the Gaze Of the Spotlight's Eye"
- "Gimme Mine"
- "These Plastic Halos"
- "No One But You"
- Mark Heard: Linn drums, bass guitar, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, lead and slide guitars, accordion, mandolin, harmonica, xylophone, percussion, voicehorns, voicestrings
- Tom Howard: emulator, Fender Rhodes, synthesizer
- Phil Madeira: synthesizer, Fender Rhodes, eruma
- Al Perkins: pedal steel guitar
- Brandon Fields: saxophone
- Harry Stinson: tambourine, shaker, toothbrush, bowling pins
- Background vocals by Mark Heard and Dave de Coup-Crank
- Written, produced and arranged by Mark Heard
- Recorded July-September, 1982 at the Gold Mine, Los Angeles, California
- Engineered and mixed by Mark Heard
- Assistant engineer: Janet Heard
- Cover design by Mark Heard and Tim Alderson
- Photographs by Mark and Janet Heard
- Art director: Tim Alderson
- Handlettering by Sally Jo Withrow
- Mastered at Future Disc by Steve Hall
- Assisted by Wally Grant
"Love to the Circle of Cynics, Pat and Pam Terry and the Strat Brothers, the Perefits, my friends at L'Abri and in Zurich and Stockholm, and my folks."