Right to Philosophy
On the Right to Philosophy (French: Du droit à la philosophie) is a 1990 book by French philosopher Jacques Derrida. It collects all of Derrida's writings, from 1975 till 1990, on the issue of the teaching of philosophy, the academic institution and the politics of philosophy in school and in the university. It has been translated in English in two volumes: Who's Afraid of Philosophy?: Right to Philosophy 1 (2002), and Eyes of the University: Right to Philosophy 2 (2004).
Notes and references
- Derrida's The Right to Philosophy from the Cosmopolitical Point of View (1997)
- Derrida's interview with Robert Maggiori, Once Again from the Top: Of the Right to Philosophy, in Libération, November 15, 1990, republished in Points...: Interviews, 1974-1994 (1995).
- Who's afraid of philosophy?: Right to philosophy 1
- Eyes of the university: Right to philosophy 2
- Peter Trifonas Jacques Derrida as a Philosopher of Education, Encyclopaedia of Philosophy of Education