Rabbi Ezriel Auerbach (b. 1937), also known as Azriel Auerbach, is a prominent Haredi rabbi and posek. He is the son of Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, and son-in-law of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv, two renowned poskim. He was considered Rabbi Elyashiv's right-hand man in matters of halakha.
Auerbach married Leah Elyashiv (1938–2010), daughter of Rabbi Elyashiv, in 1960. They had no children. On October 11, 2012, at the age of 75, Auerbach became engaged to Minna Elyashiv, age 58, the widow of Rabbi Avraham Elyashiv, grandson of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv.
In matters of Halakhic dispute between Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach and Rabbi Elyashiv, it would appear that Rabbi Ezriel Auerbach tends to rule privately in accordance with his father, while avoiding a public stand, in deference to his father-in-law.
- הגאון רבי עזריאל אויערבאך בן ה-75 מתארס הערב [HaGaon Rabbi Ezriel Auerbach, 75, is engaged tonight]. BeChadrei Charedim (in Hebrew). 11 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Teller, Hanoch (1995). And From Jerusalem, His Word. Feldheim Publishers.
- "Harav Yosef Shalom Elyashiv shlit"a". Chazaq. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- Rebbetzin Leah Auerbach, a"h. Hamodia, Israel News, 27 May 2010, p. A17.
- For a possible example of this, see article on Shabbat mode ovens.
|This biographical article about a rabbi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|