|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Publication types||Magazines, Books|
|Number of employees||700|
F+W, formerly F+W Publications and F+W Media, is a media and e-commerce company headquartered in New York City.
Founded in 1913, F+W publishes magazines, books, digital products including e-books and e-magazines, produces online video, offers online education, and owns and operates 21 e-stores, as well as consumer and trade shows.
The company grew though a series of acquisitions, including book publisher David & Charles, Krause Publications in 2002, Horticulture magazine, and Adams Media in 2003. The private equity firm ABRY Partners purchased F+W in 2005. On August 1, 2012 F+W Media acquired Interweave, an arts and crafts media company based in Loveland, Colorado. In 2014, F+W Media acquired New Track Media, renamed itself F+W, and was acquired by the private equity company Tinicum.
F+W focuses on many special-interest categories, including art, crafts, mixed media, writing, genealogy, antiques & collectibles, graphic design, hunting, and more. In 2011 the Company entered the fiction market with the acquisition of Tyrus Books In 2012, the Company launched imprints in Romance (Crimson Romance) and Young Adult fiction (Merit Press).
F+W Media is a special interest content provider and marketer of enthusiast magazines, books, conferences, trade shows, and interactive media properties. Publications are organized around some 20 community-based units, each of which focuses on a particular special interest category, such as crafts, writing, fine arts, design, and sports. The company also publishes about 600 new book titles annually, and has a library of some 4,000 titles. In addition, F + W owns special interest publisher Adams Media.
- Adams Media
- F&W Media International
- Impact Books
- Krause Publications
- North Light Books
- Writer's Digest
- Interweave Press
- Crimson Romance
- "F&W Publications Retains Veronis, Suhler & Associates to Explore Strategic Options". Business Wire. 1999. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Baker, Don (2002). "F&W INC. TO ACQUIRE PUBLISHER KRAUSE". The Cincinnati Post. Cincinnati, OH. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Newberry, Jon (2005). "F&W PUBLICATIONS NOW OWNED BY MEDIA GROUP". The Cincinnati Post. Cincinnati, OH. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "http://www.fwmedia.com/press-room/interweave". Press Release. F+W Media. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- F+W Media Buys New Track Media
- F+W Media Undergoes Corporate Rebrand
- F+W Sells Majority Stake to Private Investment Firm Tinicum
- Publishers Weekly. 27 April 2011.
- "Digital Imprints Take Root". Publishers Weekly.
- Publishers Weekly. 8 May 2012.
- F+W Media Acquires Script Magazine from Final Draft Inc. - M and A and Finance @ FolioMag.com