||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Date of birth||10 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Soledade, RS, Brazil|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2003–2005||→ Sporting CP (loan)||46||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Fábio Rochemback (born 10 December 1981 in Soledade) is a Brazilian professional footballer. He is a versatile midfielder who can play in front of the defense, as an attacking midfielder, or even as a winger. He previously played for Sport Club Internacional, Barcelona and Sporting Clube de Portugal before joining Middlesbrough in August 2005.
Rochemback was just 20 when he signed for Barcelona from Club Sport Internacional. He scored four goals in competitive matches, three in the League and one in the Champions League.
Loan to Sporting CP
In the summer of 2003, Rochemback went on loan to Sporting Clube, where he played for two seasons and appeared in the UEFA Cup Final. He developed as a player in the Portuguese League and began to attract international attention. In the 2005–06 season he was signed by Middlesbrough.
Rochemback made his league debut in a 2–1 win over Arsenal on 10 September 2005. On 11 February 2006, he scored his first goal for Middlesbrough in a 3–0 victory against Chelsea. His first FA Cup goal for Middlesbrough came direct from a free kick, in a 4–2 victory over Charlton Athletic in a quarter–final replay on 11 April 2006. Rochemback also played an important role in Middlesbrough's run to the 2006 UEFA Cup Final in a 4–1 victory (4–3 on aggregate) against FC Basel in the quarter–final second leg on 6 April 2006, which he was named man of the match.
His transfer from Sporting CP to Middlesbrough in August 2005 is one of those about which the Stevens inquiry report in June 2007 expressed concerns because of the lack of co-operation from agents Pinhas Zahavi and Barry Silkman. Rochemback scored an extraordinary free kick in Middlesbrough's last match of the 2007–08 Premier League against Manchester City, which Boro won 8–1.
It was announced on 13 May 2008 that Rochemback had been released from his club Middlesbrough. The Brazilian international departed Middlesbrough after they rejected the chance to take up a two-year option they had on the midfielder. On 13 May 2008, Sporting announced a three–year contract with Rochemback.
In August 2009, Rochemback signed a two–year contract with Grêmio and acquired 30% economic rights for €928,000. Sporting retained 40% economic rights. (However Sporting later announced it sold 90% rights) In January 2011 he extended his contract to 31 December 2012.
Chinese League career statistics
(Correct as of 7 November 2013)
|Season||Club||League||League||CFA Cup||CSL Cup||Asia||Total|
|2012||Dalian Aerbin||Chinese Super League||27||4||0||0||-||-||-||-||27||4|
|2013||Dalian Aerbin||Chinese Super League||24||3||0||0||-||-||-||-||24||3|
- "Middlesbrough 2–1 Arsenal". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 10 September 2005. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Middlesbrough 3–0 Chelsea". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 11 February 2006. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Middlesbrough 4–2 Charlton". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 12 April 2006. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Middlesbrough 4–1 Basel (agg 4–3)". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 6 April 2006. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Transfer probe queries 17 deals". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 15 June 2007. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- Bond, David (28 June 2007). "The Zahavi deals – the full story can be told". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- Bevan, Chris (11 May 2008). "Middlesbrough 8–1 Man City". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Rochemback shown Boro exit door". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 13 May 2008. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- Stewart, Rob (13 May 2008). "Rochemback shown Boro exit door". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Oferta pública de subscrição - Prospecto" [Public Offer for Subscription – Prospectus] ( PDF (765KB)). Sporting CP (in Portuguese). 10 December 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Relatório e Contas 2009 / 2010 aprovado em Assembleia Geral de 29 de Setembro de 2010". Sporting CP (in Portuguese). 30 September 2010. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- Prospecto de admissão à negociação no Eurolist by Euronext da Euronext Lisbon
- Rochemback renova com o Grêmio até o final de 2012