|Füritechnics Pty. Ltd.|
Logo of Füritechnics Pty. Ltd.
|Motto||Leading innovators & experts in pro cook's tools|
|Type||Knife Manufacturer and Developer|
|Leader||Mark Henry/Cynthia Lim|
The company was founded by a mechanical engineer named Mark Henry, in July 1996, in Brisbane. They soon developed themselves as the leading knife manufacturers in Australia. Due to Füritechnics' endorsement by a TV celebrity cook, Rachael Ray, they established an office in the United States, named Füritechnics USA Inc. The headquarters for Füritechnics USA was established in San Francisco in August, 2005.
In March 2006, Füritechnics appointed the largest kitchenware importer in Australia, Sheldon & Hammond, to distribute their product in Australia and New Zealand. As of July 2006, Füritechnics USA has signed manufacturing representation for the West and East coast regions of the United States, with the Morgan & Sampson firm.
Products & Technologies
Füritechnics' most well-known product is their East-West knife, a modified santoku blade with a curved edge similar to a French chef's knife.
Some of their larger knives are designed with a copper counterweight ("Coppertail") at the end of the handle; the manufacturer claims that the counterweight can be shaved off as the blade loses mass to sharpening to keep the knife balanced. This is not universal across their several product lines, as some of their less expensive knives use stainless steel counterweights instead.
- Füritechnics Pty Ltd homepage
- IPAustralia profile of the company
- Queensland University of Technology 2005 Alumni awards page, featuring bio of founder Mark Henry
- History and Development of Furitechnic.
- Furitechnic on IP Australia
- Aussies carve niche knife market - Australian export case study
- The Vittoria Australian Food Media Awards 2006 - Issue Two, March 2006.
- KitchenWare News - July 2006
- Profile of Mark Henry
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|