|Also known as||Function Girls|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Labels||S.M. Entertainment (South Korea)
Avex Taiwan (Taiwan-R.O.C.)
United Asia Management
|Associated acts||SM Town|
f(x) (/ /; Korean: 에프엑스) is a five-member multi-national K-pop girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2009. The quintet consists of Chinese leader Victoria, Taiwanese-American member Amber, Korean members Luna and Sulli, and Korean-American member Krystal.
The group’s music is best known for its fusion electro pop sounds. Introduced as "Asia's Pop Dance Group" on September 2, 2009, they released their debut digital single "LA chA TA". In November of the same year, they released their first single album Chu~♥. Then in May 2010, they released their first EP Nu ABO to growing popularity. After the members expand individually in the entertainment industry and the return of member Amber from hiatus (in June 2010), they returned with their first studio album Pinocchio, released in April 2011. The lead single off the album gained their first music program win and was their first song to win the triple crown that led to its first repackaged album "Hot Summer", on June 2011 which led the group to fame and popularity.
A year after, they returned with their second EP Electric Shock. Electric Shock reached the number one spot on both the US and Canadian iTunes electronic albums chart soon after its release. The lead single off their EP gave the group multiple recognition in the music industry. Electric Shock holds the record as f(x)'s song with most music wins.
In March 2013, they became the first Kpop group to perform at 2013 SXSW South By Southwest. After 13 months from the release of Electric Shock, Pink Tape, was released in July 29. The group received critical acclaim and huge success, most notably being described as "experimental, steeped in quirky, boundary-pushing electronic sounds with woozy harmonies", thus being the only Kpop album released in 2013 to be ranked as "The 41 Best Albums of 2013", by Fuse TV, an American music channel. Rum Pum Pum Pum swept all 9 Korean charts soon after its release, and most notably, the song ranked #3 on billboard's "20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013".
In July 2014, the band released their third full length album Red Light to critical and commercial success. However, in the midst of promotions, SM Entertainment posted an official statement on the group's homepage on July 24 stating that Sulli would be taking temporary hiatus from the entertainment industry due to severe emotional and physical distress caused by "continuous, malicious comments and false rumors," but would still be a member of the group. Thus, SM Entertainment scrapped all previously scheduled promotions for Red Light and instead had the rest of the group focus on their solo activities and group activities without Sulli. In August 2014, f(x) album design for EP Album 'Electric Shock' and 2nd Studio Album 'Pink Tape' won Germany's '2014 Red Dot Design Award'. 
Besides music activities, each member has participated in various other entertaining aspects such as acting and television hosting.
- 1 Name
- 2 History
- 2.1 Casting and pre-debut
- 2.2 2009: Debut with LA chA TA, Chu~♡ and start of popularity
- 2.3 2010: NU ABO and rising popularity
- 2.4 2011: Pinocchio, first win and Hot Summer
- 2.5 2012: Electric Shock and Japanese debut
- 2.6 2013: South by Southwest, Pink Tape and the first concert
- 2.7 2014-present: Red Light
- 3 Members
- 4 Imagery and artistry
- 5 Discography
- 6 Concert tours
- 7 Filmography
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The group name originates from the Mathematical notation for function, which member Krystal defined as their aim to change and adapt into many situations. Member Amber confessed that aside from f(x), they had attempts on other names like "flower". The members are often nicknamed "function girls" with the fact that their name is a notation for function. Notably, the members' individual stage names replace the "x", sometimes written like: f(Victoria), f(Amber), f(Luna), f(Sulli), and f(Krystal), but to connote the entire group, they use f(x).
Casting and pre-debut
Krystal was first spotted by S.M. Entertainment in 2000 on a family visit to Korea, which earned her a small role in Shinhwa's "Wedding March (Neoui Gyeoteseo 2)" (너의 곁에서 2) music video. Sulli debuted as a child actress in 2005 when she was selected to play young Princess Seonhwa of Silla in the SBS television drama, Ballad of Seo Dong. In 2006, the agency recruited Luna after seeing her perform on the television program Truth Game. Victoria was spotted by one of S.M. Entertainment's agents at a Beijing dance competition in September 2007, and later joined the company. Two months later, Amber was cast through S.M. Global Auditions in Los Angeles, California, where she and one other male signed a contract to become trainees.
2009: Debut with LA chA TA, Chu~♡ and start of popularity
f(x) was introduced as "Asia's Pop Dance Group" through a YouTube video teaser released on August 24, 2009. For five days, S.M. revealed information about the group through news portals and posted photos of each member on their official website. Their debut single, "LA chA TA", was released on September 1, 2009. Following their first performance at the Samseong-dong Fashion Center on September 2, 2009, the music video for the single was screened and released online. The group's first broadcast performance of "LA chA TA" was held on the September 5, 2009 broadcast of MBC's Show! Music Core.
In October, f(x) promoted the LG Chocolate cellphone alongside label mates Girls' Generation. Both groups released their own rendition of the song "Chocolate Love", with f(x)'s being an electro-pop version, on October 8, 2009. The group released their first physical single, "Chu~♥", on November 9, 2009, and a month later they appeared as special guests at Girls' Generation's Into the New World concert held at the Olympic Fencing Gymnasium on December 19 and 20, 2009.
The members of f(x) started gaining popularity as they show off a different fashion style, music and choreography. The members were also known like member Amber for her boyish charms, Krystal being Jessica's younger sister and a similar facial feature of YoonA of Girls' Generation, Sulli is known for her facial features, oftening mistaken as the group's youngest member/maknae, Victoria for her outstanding flexibility and Luna for her vocal delivery and dancing skills, garnering the nickname "Mini BoA".
2010: NU ABO and rising popularity
In January 2010, f(x) collaborated with Chinese boy band M.I.C. to promote the LG Cyon cellphone. They released a Chinese cover of "Lollipop", written by Julius Dixson and Beverly Ross, on January 2, 2010. The group released their first extended play, Nu ABO, on May 4, 2010. Consisting of six tracks, the lead single "Nu ABO" topped various online music portal charts in Korea, and also become one of the Gaon Chart's weekly number-one singles. The group held their first performance of the song on KBS's Music Bank on May 7, 2010.
Amber went on hiatus in June due to an ankle injury, with remaining group activities of the year carried out without her. The group began performing "Mr. Boogie", from Nu ABO, on music shows starting on July 17, 2010. f(x) participated in the SMTown Live '10 World Tour on August 21, 2010, at the Seoul Jamsil Olympic Stadium. They also performed in Tokyo, Shanghai, Los Angeles, and Paris on later dates. This marks the first time f(x) and their fellow label mates have performed outside of Asia. Avex Entertainment and SM Entertainment Japan released a statement about the renewal of the contracts of S.M. artists who were signed to the label on November 24, 2010. It stated that f(x) is now signed to Avex, and their albums will be released under the label in Japan, Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong.
2011: Pinocchio, first win and Hot Summer
In early 2011, it was announced by S.M. Entertainment that f(x) were planning to release a studio album in the first half of the year. Their member Amber had returned from the U.S. after her hiatus as well. The first teaser photo for their full-length studio album Pinocchio was released on April 7, 2011. The music video teaser for their lead single "Pinocchio (Danger)", was released on April 15, 2011. The album was released on April 20, 2011, and the group held their performance of the single on the April 22, 2011 broadcast of KBS's Music Bank. f(x) achieved eight wins with "Pinocchio (Danger)" on various music shows.
The group re-released their first full length album on June 14, 2011, under the title Hot Summer. The album came with the eleven original songs and the new track "Hot Summer", a remake of a Monrose song written by Thomas Troelsen and Remee, and their previous digital singles "La Cha Ta", "Chu~♥" and "Is It Ok?". In August 2011, f(x) released an OST song called "Garagabana" for the online game Bust-a-Move, and in December 2011, they released an English song entitled "1, 2, 3" as part of the 2011 Winter SMTown – The Warmest Gift album.
2012: Electric Shock and Japanese debut
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
f(x) released their second EP titled Electric Shock on June 10, 2012, after releasing a series of teaser images and a music teaser. f(x) began promotions for "Electric Shock" starting on M! Countdown on June 14, 2012, where they also performed "Jet" as part of the special comeback stage. f(x) ended their promotions on July 15, 2012 achieving 9 musical wins, and began preparing for their Japanese debut. They released a Japanese remake of "Hot Summer" in mid-August, which was also selected as the commercial background song for Uminoie Resort. In the beginning of October Avex announced that f(x)'s first Premium Showcase 1st Shock was postponed to an indefinite date. The date of the showcase was supposed to be on October 18 and 19 at the Zepp Tokyo.
Then on November 30, 2012, f(x) attended the 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards in Hong Kong, where they have received an award of "Best Dance Performance - Female Group" for their latest single "Electric Shock". Then at the press conference for 10th Annual Korean Music Awards on January 29, 2013, it was announced that the songs "Electric Shock" and "Jet", both from their Electric Shock EP were nominated for Best Dance and Electronic Song. In regards to the two songs being nominated in the same category, a representative of the KMAs stated, "This is due to the corresponding songs having excellent music reviews and rather than disregarding them because it is from the same artist, we chose to recognize their excellence".
2013: South by Southwest, Pink Tape and the first concert
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
In March, f(x) performed at the SXSW South By Southwest 2013, a festival held in Austin, Texas annually, being the first K-pop artist to perform there. Fuse, an influential American music channel, listed f(x) as one of the "30 Must-See Acts" at the event." While in the U.S., f(x) also flew to Los Angeles to practice choreography for their second album with Kevin Maher. Maher and Amber later tweeted pictures of them rehearsing. Maher's dance assistant, Sohey Sugihara, also posted pictures of him and Maher with f(x) on Instagram. On their last day in the U.S., the group filmed a Funny or Die sketch with Anna Kendrick. These events were documented and shown in Go f(x).
Later in the year, f(x) performed at the Hong Kong Dome Festival on July 1.
On July 17, a vintage-styled 'art film' was uploaded on S.M. Entertainment's official YouTube channel, that signaled the group's comeback. The teaser video featured a preview of "Shadow" along with poetry narrated by the members of f(x). It also included edited clips of the behind the scenes showing the photo shoot for the album jacket of Pink Tape.
Their second full-length album Pink Tape was then released on July 29, consisting of twelve original tracks and having Rum Pum Pum Pum as their lead single. The album peaked at the number one position on multiple music charts internationally, including Billboard, Gaon and Hanteo. f(x) began promotions for "Rum Pum Pum Pum" and "Pink Tape" starting with M! Countdown on July 25. Their showcase f(x) Music Spoiler - Play! Pink Tape was then held through Naver Music on July 29. They introduced and performed songs from their Pink Tape as well as unveiled the "Rum Pum Pum Pum" MV making-of clip. During the promotion cycle, f(x) also performed "Airplane" as a special stage on M! Countdown and Show Champion. Overall, they achieved four wins with "Rum Pum Pum Pum" on various music shows.
During December, Fuse chose Pink Tape as one of the only K-POP albums for "The 41 Best Albums of 2013". Rum Pum Pum Pum also ranked #3 on Billboard's "20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013". Later, f(x) and EXO held two joint concerts together, titled SMTOWN WEEK f(x) & EXO Christmas Wonderland, at KINTEX and Ilsan on December 24 and 25. f(x) showcased the group's previous hit songs and new tracks from the 2nd album "Pink Tape", including "Step" and "No More" as well as several other special performances with EXO.
During various Chinese variety shows, f(x) has covered a popular classic Chinese song by Teresa Teng "Tian Mi Mi", singing their version in three different languages, Korean, Chinese, and English.
2014-present: Red Light
Earlier in the year, f(x) grabbed home "The Group Artist" award at 20th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards, "Disk Bonsang" at 28th Golden Disk Awards, as well as "Best Overseas Artist Performance" at Yin Yue Feng Yun Bang Awards held in China. During the Golden Disk Awards ceremony, Krystal, Luna and Amber did a cover of Girls' Generation's "The Boys".
f(x)'s third studio album Red Light was released on July 7, 2014, consisting of 2 versions: Type A (Sleepy Cats) and Type B (Wild Cats). Since its release, the album and lead single "Red Light" has topped all 9 music charts in South Korea. Besides the lead single, other tracks such as “Milk”, “All Night”, “Butterfly”, “Paper Heart” and “Rainbow” also took up spots in the top 10 on Genie, Olleh and Bugs charts. Red Light is of the electronic house genre with the meaningful message of if one stops for a bit, then one can enjoy the precious things in life. The album experiments with different sounds and has a total of eleven tracks.
In regard to some mixed reviews regarding the album's dark and eerie concept, f(x) discussed that they themselves like new challenges and don’t think of this comeback as “tough.” Krystal further added that she likes this current concept because a lot of times she’s given roles that make her look pretty, but just this once she wanted something that would make her look darker and different.
Fuse TV described the group as the K-Pop's top hipsters, having their "Red Light" music video reaching more than 2 million views on YouTube on first day. The music video was also ranked as the most viewed K-pop videos in America and around the world during the month of July.
On July 17, f(x) performed on MNet's M!Countdown without Sulli, with SM Entertainment saying that Sulli was sick and thus was unable to perform. However, when Sulli did not appear in the next few Red Light promotions and f(x)'s Korean promotion schedule was abruptly cleared for the rest of the month, it led to speculation that Sulli would be leaving the group (or that the group itself would be disbanding).
On July 24, SM Entertainment posted an official statement on the group's homepage, stating that due to Sulli becoming "mentally and physically exhausted from the continuous, malicious comments and false rumors" that has been spread about her in the past year, she is now taking a temporary hiatus from the entertainment industry, though she still remains a member of the group. The remaining members would now focus on their solo activities and continue any group activities without Sulli for the time being. During August, Pitchfork listed "Shadow", "Rum Pum Pum Pum", and "Red Light" as part of the best 20 essential K-pop songs in recent years,  and SM Entertainment has taken 8 awards home from Germany's "2014 Red Dot Design Awards, and one of those were Pink Tape and Electric Shock. 
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of Birth|
|Victoria||빅토리아||Song Qian||송치엔||宋茜||February 2, 1987|
|Amber||엠버||Amber Josephine Liu||유일운||劉逸雲||September 18, 1992|
|Luna||루나||Park Sun-Young||박선영||朴善英||August 12, 1993|
|Sulli||설리||Choi Jin-Ri||최진리||崔真理||March 29, 1994|
|Krystal||크리스탈||Chrystal Soo Jung
Jung Soo Jung
|정수정||鄭秀晶||October 24, 1994|
Imagery and artistry
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
f(x) has garnered recognition for experimenting with different concepts in terms of fashion, music and dance. They also garner recognition in Korea for being a girl group that has received acclaim and success without the need of high exposure. f(x) is also known for their consistently innovative electronic music, thus receiving praise from various music critics. As their name stands for function, f(x) has variously tried different concepts throughout their career. For LAchATA, the girls tried a groovy, hiphop concept. For Chu~♥, f(x) showed off a cute and bubbly image. Nu ABO, the members opted for a trendy image. Pinocchio (Danger) displays f(x)'s free-spirited and youthful image, and Hot Summer shows off f(x)'s sassy style. For the release of Electric Shock, f(x) showed off a cyber-punk theme. Rum Pum Pum Pum opted for a mature f(x) in terms of fashion and dance, thus showing off a more feminine style, and for Red Light, f(x) opted for a darker, more intense image. Red Light highlights the "one eye make-up". In terms of dance, f(x) began with an intense and high quality style, shown in LAchATA, Chu~♥ and Nu ABO, but choreography was simplified in future releases like Pinocchio (Danger) and Hot Summer. In fashion, f(x) is known as the "no uniform girl group" as Korean girl groups often wear the same clothes, outfit and style. LAchATA, Nu ABO, Hot Summer and Electric Shock highlight the variety of the members' styles, while in releases like Chu~♥ (blue), Pinocchio (Danger) (pink lip printed turquoise), Rum Pum Pum Pum (Scottish girl plaid) and Red Light (tuxedo), the members have a specific theme to their clothes.
- SM Town Live '10 World Tour (2010-2011)
- SM Town Live World Tour III (2012-2013)
- SM Town Week: "Christmas Wonderland" (with EXO) (2013)
- SM Town Live World Tour IV (2014-present)
- Girls' Generation The 1st Asia Tour: Into the New World
- Super Junior The 3rd Asia Tour: Super Show 3
- Shinee The 1st Concert: Shinee World
- Super Junior The World Tour: Super Show 4
- 2013 SXSW South By Southwest
|2012||"I AM."||Documentary of SMTown Live '11 World Tour in New York||As themselves|
- Television series
|2010||Hello f(x)||f(x) travel to Africa, Thailand, and Japan.|
|2010–11||f(x)'s Koala||Amber didn't participate in the series due to an ankle injury.|
|2010–present||Star King||Members have recurring roles on the show.|
|2013||Amazing f(x)||f(x) travel to New Zealand to complete their bucket lists.|
|2013||Go! f(x)||The show highlights f(x)'s trip to Austin, LA, and Hollywood.|
- f(x) filmography
- f(x) videography
- List of awards and nominations received by f(x)
- List of f(x) endorsements
- Avex promises full-fleged support of SM Entertainment artists Hancinema.net (November 25, 2010). Retrieved on June 14, 2014.
- f(x)’s ‘Red Light’ video surpasses 2m hits on first day Koreaherald.com (July 4, 2014). Retrieved July 4, 2014.
- f(x) at their debut showcase performance! Soompi.com (September 2, 2009). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- New albums & Singles Review for September 2009 Soompi.com (September 6, 2009). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- f(x) to release 1st album Allkpop.com (November 3, 2009). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- f(x) 'Electric Shock' on Itunes Electronic Album Chart (In Korean) News.naver.com (June 12, 2012). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- f(x) #1 on U.S. and Canada’s Electronic Album iTunes Chart; All-Kill in Korea My.entertainment.yahoo.com (2012-06-12) Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- f(x) Talks About Performing as First K-Pop Act at SXSW Billboard.com (March 26, 2013). Retrieved on January 4, 2014.
- f(x)′s Album Listed as Fuse TV’s ‘The 41 Best Albums of 2013’ M.enewsworld.interest.me (December 20, 2013). Retrieved on January 1, 2014.
- f(x) sweeps the music charts with Rum Pum Pum Pum Sg.entertainment.yahoo.com (July 31, 2013). Retrieved on January 1, 2014.
- 20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013 - K Town Picks Billboard.com (December 23, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014
- f(x) at their debut showcase performance Soompi.com (September 2, 2009). Retrieved on May 21, 2014
- "f(x) Entertainment Relay Interview" (in Korean). 23 April 2011. KBS2.
- Studarus, Laura (June–July 2014). "Seoul Sisters". NYLON magazine.
- Girls’ Generation’s Jessica & f(x)’s Krystal got scouted on the street by SM Entertainment (in Korean) Newsen.com (September 12, 2009). Retrieved on June 9, 2014.
- f(x)'s Sulli snapped a photo with Director Lee Byung Hoon Originally from WonderfulGeneration.net (November 15, 2011). Archived on June 5, 2014. Retrieved on June 12, 2014.
- How f(x) members Luna and Krystal Got Noticed by SM Originally from Allkpop.com (September 2, 2009). Archived on March 17, 2012. Retrieved on June 14, 2014.
- f(x) Introductory Teaser on SM Entertainment Official Youtube Channel Youtube.com (July 6, 2011). Retrieved on May 22, 2014
- "La Cha Ta" on SM Entertainment Official Youtube Channel Youtube.com (July 6, 2011). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- f(x)'s debut performance on MBC MusicCore Allkpop.com (September 5, 2009). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- LG "Chocolate Love" CF (in Korean) ibtimes.co.kr (October 9, 2009). Retrieved on November 16, 2010.
- SNSD & f(x)'s Chocolate Love are released Allkpop.com (October 8, 2009). Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- Girls’ Generation Impresses Fans With First Concert Koreatimes.co.kr (December 21, 2009). Retrieved on May 27, 2014
- f(x) Amber's boyish charm in recent selca grabs the attention of fans Allkpop.com (April 3, 2012). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- Girls' Generation's Jessica and f(x)'s Krystal film for their own reality show 'Cover Girl' Allkpop.com (April 1, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- Girls' Generation's Yoona & f(x)'s Krystal are sisters Soompi.com (April 19, 2012). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- Female Stars: So Flexible You Would Think They Were Gymnasts Soompi.com (June 4, 2011). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- f(x)’s NU ABO is already No. 1 on the charts Allkpop.com (May 5, 2010). Retrieved on September 7, 2011.
- f(x) Nu ABO MV to be released on May 6th! Community.livejournal.com (May 4, 2010). Retrieved on June 20, 2010.
- SM Entertainment to launch world tour Koreatimes.co.kr (July 2, 2010). Retrieved on July 5, 2010.
- f(x) Amber to return and info on new releases (in Korean) News.mk.co.kr (January 15, 2011). Retrieved on January 19, 2011.
- f(x)’s "Hot Summer" will be a remake. Bad idea? Probably. Seoulbeats.com (June 12, 2011). Retrieved on July 12, 2011.
- f(x)'s repackaged album and ‘Hot Summer’ (in Korean) News.naver.com (June 8, 2011). Retrieved on July 12, 2011.
- f(x) reveals OST for ‘Puzzle Bubble’ online game Allkpop.com (August 14, 2011). Retrieved on September 11, 2011.
- 2011 SMTOWN Winter [The Warmest Gift] will be Released on the 13th! Facebook.com (December 6, 2011). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- "Electric Shock" f(x)'s surprise comeback (in Korean) News.nate.com (June 4, 2012). Retrieved on June 4, 2012.
- f(x) releases ‘Electric Shock’ Allkpop.com (June 9, 2012). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- f(x) to Make It a ‘Hot Summer’ in Japan. Ph.omg.yahoo.com (July 19, 2012). Retrieved May 27, 2014
- Nominees for the 10th Korean Music Awards Announced Koreanindie.com (January 29, 2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- 한국대중음악상 (In Korean) Koreanmusicawards.com (2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- f(x) Talks About Performing as First K-Pop Act at SXSW Billboard.com (March 26, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- 30 Must-See Acts at SXSW 2013 Fuse.tv (February 28, 2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- US Media Fuse Thinks f(x) Is A Must-See at SXSW 2013 in Austin KpopStarz.com (August 2, 2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- f(x) with Maher on Instagram Instagram.com (2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- Anna Kendrick goes K-Pop with f(x) YouTube.com (April 10, 2013). Retrieved on August 6, 2013.
- Go f(x) on MnetAmerica's official Youtube page Youtube.com (July 24, 2013). Retrieved on May 21, 2014.
- (Korean) "에프엑스 컴백, 몽환적 아트필름 공개 ‘기대UP’". unionpress.co.kr. July 17, 2013. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- Q&A: f(x) Reacts to Topping K-Pop Hot 100 & World Albums Chart (Exclusive) Billboard.com (September 11, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- Gaon Album Chart August 2013 Gaon.co.kr (August 2013). Retrieved on May 30, 2014.
- f(x) win #1 + Performances from August 9th 'Music Bank'! Allkpop.com (August 9, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- f(x) wins #1 + Performances from the August 11th episode of SBS' 'Inkigayo' Allkpop.com (August 11, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- The 41 Best Albums of 2013: Fuse Staff Picks Fuse.tv (December 18, 2013). Retrieved on February 15, 2014.
- 20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013 Billboard.com (December 23, 2013). Retrieved on February 15, 2014.
- More details about f(x) and EXO's concert 'Christmas Wonderland' Allkpop.com (December 24, 2013). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- f(x) sing 'Tian Mi Mi' & 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' at Hunan TV Dkpopnews.net (January 1, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- EXO, f(x), A Pink and more win awards at the '20th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards' Allkpop.com (February 8, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014
- Winners from the '28th Golden Disk Awards' Allkpop.com (January 16, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014
- f(x) and Super Junior-M pick up awards at China's 'Yin Yue Feng Yun Bang Awards' Allkpop.com (April 15, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- EXO & f(x) cover TVXQ, Super Junior, and Girls' Generation at '28th Golden Disk Awards' Allkpop.com (January 16, 2014). Retrieved on May 27, 2014
- f(x) Krystal's intense teaser image for new album News.nate.com (June 26, 2014). Retrieved on June 26, 2014.
- f(x)’s Red Light Achieves All-kills on all 9 Music Charts Koreaboo.com (July 7, 2014). Retrieved on July 7, 2014.
- f(x) Tops Eight Music Charts with “Red Light” Soompi.com (July 6, 2014). Retrieved on July 7, 2014.
- Krystal clarifies the dark transformation of f(x) "Even if we are not pretty..." (in Korean) Mydaily.co.kr (July 4, 2014). Retrieved July 4, 2014.
- f(x) Are K-Pop's Top Hipsters With New Single "Red Light" Fuse.tv (July 3, 2014). Retrieved on July 3, 2014.
- f(x)’s ‘Red Light’ video surpasses 2m hits on first day Koreaherald.com (July 4, 2014). Retrieved July 4, 2014.
- Most Viewed K-Pop Videos in America & Around the World: July 2014 Billboard (August 7, 2014). Retrieved on August 7, 2014.
- f(x)'s Sulli to take a temporary hiatus from her activities + 'Red Light' promotions revealed to have come to an end Allkpop.com (July 24, 2014). Retrieved on July 27, 2014.
- SM Releases Official Statement Announcing f(x) Sulli Will Stop All Promotional Activities Mwave.interest.me (July 25, 2014). Retrieved on July 25, 2014.
- Breaking: f(x) Sulli to take break from entertainment industry, f(x) to end all promotions Blog.koreaboo.com (July 2014). Retrieved on July 27, 2014.
- Pitchfork - Top 20 Essential K-pop songs (Page 1) Pitchfork.com (August 2014). Retrieved on August 7, 2014.
- Pitchfork - Top 20 Essential K-pop songs (Page 3) Pitchfork.com (August 2014). Retrieved on August 7, 2014.
- (Korean) "f(x) Profile". Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "The Birth of Amber Liu". California Birth Index. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Korean ID card of 朴善英(Hanja). 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2014-10-12.
- "The Birth of Chrystal Soo Jung". California Birth Index. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "f(x)'s Koala Episode 2" (in Korean). f(x)'s Koala. October 9, 2010. approx 3 minutes in. MBC Every1.
- A screenshot of Krystal's Korean passport is shown
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to F(x) (band).|
- Official website (Korean)
- Official website (Chinese (Taiwan))
- Official website (Japanese)
- f(x) on Facebook
- f(x)'s channel on YouTube
|Awards and achievements|
|Korean Music Awards: Group Musician of the Year
|14th Mnet Asian Music Awards - Best Female Dance Performance