|Founder||George Henry Hinds|
|England and Wales|
Number of employees
Shortly after the First World War, brothers Frank and William divided the business in two. William Hinds diversified into theatres and also into films as he was one of the two founders of Hammer Film Productions, the studio famous for horror films. Frank continued with the jewellery business and eventually, in 1990, F. Hinds took over the one remaining shop owned by the other half of the family in Worthing, Sussex.
Unlike most companies established 150 years ago, the sixth generation of the Hinds family still owns and manages the business. Diamond buyer Andrew Hinds is personally responsible for selecting the diamonds sold by the company.
In 2014 Andrew Hinds was elected Chairman of the UK jewellery trade body the National Association of Goldsmiths.
F. Hinds stores stock a wider than average range of jewellery, watches, clocks, collectible and gift ranges . They are usually to be found within shopping centres, or on High Streets. The stores can be found in many towns and out of town malls.
The chain was one of the first click and mortar jewellers, having launched its first ecommerce site in 1997.
They are one of the national retailers on the Barclaycard Freedom loyalty scheme and also specialise in recycling unwanted gold jewellery into new pieces, offering over 100% of the value of the gold exchanged.
In 2008, F Hinds joined the Responsible Jewellery Council, an international not-for-profit organisation established to reinforce consumer confidence in the jewellery industry by advancing responsible business practices throughout the supply chain, and in August 2011 they were one of the first members to become fully accredited following an independent audit.
- "Our History on F. Hinds website". 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Choosing Your Engagement Ring". 22 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Director of Bracknell jewellers made part of National Association of Goldsmiths". 6 August 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "F. Hinds Online Store". 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "F. Hinds Store Locator". 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "My Diamonds Brand Page". 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Barclaycard Freedom". 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Trafford Centre Retailer Information". 21 September 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "RJC Certification Information – F.Hinds Limited on RJC website". 29 July 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.