F1 Grand Prix (2005 video game)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|F1 Grand Prix|
|Engine||WRC (PSP Varient)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (WiFi)|
F1 Grand Prix is the first of Sony's two Formula One games released on the PlayStation Portable. It was released in Europe on 1 September 2005 and was developed by Traveller's Tales. It features the official drivers and circuits from the 2005 Formula One season.
- Quick Race is where the player can set up a random race with random settings from the Game.
- Events is where the player can choose from Time Attack, Single Grand Prix (Which has to be unlocked) or Scenario Mode (a list of scenarios vital for unlocking extras).
- World Championship allows the player to play the full 2005 FIA Formula One World Championship
- Multiplayer is WiFi gaming with 2 to 8 players.
- TV Mode Race allows the player to watch a single race as if it were on television.
Teams and drivers
The game featured the initial driver line ups for the 2005 Formula One season, substitute drivers Pedro de la Rosa, Anthony Davidson, Alexander Wurz, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Ricardo Zonta, Antônio Pizzonia and Robert Doornbos, although all driving in FIA Formula One Races during the 2005 season, were not included in the game.
The game features all the circuits used in the 2005 F1 season.
- There are 19 Unlockable tracks, which are Mirrors of the Original Tracks
- There are 5 Unlockable Classic Cars
- There is an invisible car, unlocked after driving off the course in the German Grand Prix.
- The first official download pack for F1 Grand Prix entitled "Stats Pack And Bonus Car" includes the full grid line ups from the first 16 Grand Prix of 2005, excluding Brazil, Japan and China. It also allows the player to unlock the Lotus 25 Classic Car.
- The three missing grids have now been created (unofficially) and are available for download from The PSP Vault.
Since this page was originally written, the official download pack along with the download from "The PSP Vault" have been taken down and are no longer available. This means you CANNOT unlock the Lotus 25 and that the most you will be able to achieve in F1 Grand Prix is 80% Cars and 100% Tracks. It should be noted that the data for the Lotus is already in the game; the download pack merely allows you to unlock it. If you desire to drive the Lotus 25, Gamefaqs.com currently has 2 Sony PSP game saves that have the Lotus 25 unlocked; however, because this game will not allow you to change the profile name once it has been created, you'll be stuck playing as either "Jake" or "Karl".
If you have and are willing to share, or know of where the "Stats Pack And Bonus Car" download pack may be online, please edit this post and let us know where it is. Thank you.
|This Formula One racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|