F1 Grand Prix is the first of Sony's Formula One games first released on the PlayStation Portable in Europe on September 1, 2005 and is developed by Traveller's Tales. It features the official drivers and circuits from the 2005 Formula One season.
- Quick Race is where the player can set up a random race with random settings from the Game.
- Events is where the player can choose from Time Attack, Single Grand Prix (Which has to be unlocked) or Scenario Mode (a list of scenarios vital for unlocking extras).
- World Championship allows the player to play the full 2005 FIA Formula One World Championship
- Multiplayer is WiFi gaming with 2 to 8 players.
- TV Mode Race allows the player to watch a single race as if it were on television.
Teams and drivers
Pedro de la Rosa, Anthony Davidson, Alexander Wurz, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Ricardo Zonta, Antônio Pizzonia and Robert Doornbos, although all driving in FIA Formula One Races during the 2005 season, were not included in the game.
*Germany hosted the 2005 European Grand Prix
- There are 19 Unlockable tracks, which are Mirrors of the Original Tracks
- There are 5 Unlockable Classic Cars
- There is an invisible car, unlocked after driving off the course in the German Grand Prix.
- The first official download pack for F1 Grand Prix entitled "Stats Pack And Bonus Car" includes the full grid line ups from the first 16 Grand Prix of 2005, excluding Brazil, Japan and China. It also allows the player to unlock the Lotus 25 Classic Car.
- The three missing grids have now been created (unofficially) and are available for download from The PSP Vault.