|Federal Bureau of Investigation Police|
|Common name||FBI Police|
|Patch of the FBI Police|
|Badge of the FBI Police|
|Flag of the Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Specialist jurisdiction||Buildings and lands occupied or explicitly controlled by the institution and the institution's personnel, and public entering the buildings and precincts of the institution.|
|Parent agency||Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|While a federal agency the FBI Police enforce community level laws and social order in and around FBI facilities.|
The Federal Bureau of Investigation Police (FBIP) is the uniformed security police division of the FBI who are tasked to protect FBI facilities, properties, personnel, users, visitors and operations from harm and may enforce certain laws and administrative regulations.
They are endowed with full police powers of crime prevention, arrest, law enforcement and investigation within the following FBI facilities:
- The J. Edgar Hoover Building (FBI Headquarters)
- The FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia
- The FBI Laboratory, also in Quantico
- The New York City field office in Lower Manhattan
- The Criminal Justice Information Services Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia
Civil Service classification
The 240-plus FBI Police officers are classified as professional staff, which also includes intelligence analysts, language specialists, scientists, information technology specialists, and other agency professionals.
Class Action Lawsuit
On August 2, 2007, a group of more than 100 police officers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation filed a class action complaint in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims for millions of dollars of back and future pay. The Complaint alleges that the FBI has not complied with a 2002 statute, part of the FBI Reform Act, that mandated that the FBI police force be paid the same pay and benefits as members of the Uniformed Division of the United States Secret Service. This case is still pending.
In popular culture
- The FBI Police and its vehicles were featured in the 2007 film, Live Free or Die Hard.
- The FBI Police was featured in the seventh season of the TV series, 24.
- The FBI Police and its vehicles appear in the Electronic Arts video game Need for Speed: Undercover.
- Represented in Grand Theft Auto IV and it's sequel Grand Theft Auto V as the "FIB", its acronym suggesting a mockery of the real agency's corruption. Its cruisers are based on the real FBI Dodge Chargers.
FBI Police vehicles in front of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
FBI Police car used in Live Free or Die Hard.
- United States portal
- Law enforcement/Law enforcement topics portal
- Federal police
- List of FBI Field Offices
- List of protective service agencies
- List of United States federal law enforcement agencies
- Federal Protective Service
- FBI police statistics[dead link]
- "FBI Police joblink at FBI Jobse". Fbijobs.gov. 2011-11-19. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FBI Police.|