|Headquarters||Brighton, London, Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Employees||circa 1200+ (2012)|
The company provides services for project management, infrastructure support, application support, software testing, software development and training. The bulk of its clients are in the financial services sector. Services are provided by consultants, most of whom are trained in-house.[dead link]
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
FDM was founded as Brighton-based IT services provider FDI in 1990, founded by present day CEO, Rod Flavell. At the time the company focused on IT recruitment, until acquiring Mountfield Software in 1995. In 1998 the name changed to FDM Group to reflect this acquisition and the company began hiring, training and placing their own consultants.
FDM's consultants specialise in either project management, infrastructure support, application support, software testing, software development or training.[dead link] Consultants receive unpaid training on condition that they work for FDM for a minimum of two years.
The FDM Graduate Programme offers training and commercial experience to recent university graduates. They can specialise in Java or .NET development, software testing, Project Management Office, Network Infrastructure or Application Support, prior to being placed on client sites for a minimum of two years.
The company also runs third party training programmes in application training.[clarification needed]
FDM funds an MSc degree in Applied Computer Science at the University of Brighton. This programme enables graduates to undertake a distance learning masters degree while working in placements at the company's clients.
The company's "Women in IT" campaign aims to promote, encourage and support women in IT. Its "Female Champions" initiative offers women working at FDM an optional mentor, organises events to raise awareness of career opportunities available in the industry for women, and presents at events promote careers to women in science, engineering and technology (SET). Through this initiative FDM has made links with e-skills by sponsoring Computer Clubs for Girls [not in citation given]
The group's Veteran Programme aims to help US service men and women transition back into commercial employment with training for IT consultancy in the banking and financial services sector.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
- UK Guardian 300 2013/14 - 273rd place 
- The Sunday Times PwC Profit Track 100 2013 - 100th place
- The JobCrowd's Top 100 Companies For Graduates To Work For 2013/14 - 7th place.
- Top 50 IT Training Providers Learning and Performance Institute – 13th
- The JobCrowd’s Top 50 Companies For Graduates To Work For 2012/2013 –4 th
- The JobCrowd’s Top IT and Telecoms Companies To Work For 2012/2013 – 2nd
- Everywoman in Technology Awards 201] – FDM COO wins Leader of the Year
- Guardian UK 300] (233rd place), Top Ten IT Employers For Women (10th place)
- 2012 Sunday Times International Track 200 – 162nd
- 2012 Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 – 18th[not in citation given]
- TheJobCrowd’s Top 50 Companies For Graduates To Work 2011 – Ranked 9th
- UK’s Top 50 IT Training Companies 2011 – ranked 13th
- 2011 Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 – 38th place
- BCS & Computing UK IT Industry Awards 2011 – IT Supplier of the Year – Medallist
- BVCA Portfolio Company Awards 2011, International Impact Management Team of the Year – Southeast Regional Winner
- Best Companies Accreditation 2011 - One Star Companies - Growing Business Awards 2011, Company of the Year – Finalist
- BVCA Portfolio Company Awards 2011 - International Impact Management Team of the Year (London & Southeast)[dead link]
- Best Companies Accreditation 2011 - One Star Companies[not in citation given]
- Europe's 500 2010 - 22nd Fastest Growing Company in Europe
- Leading IT Firm Honoured 11th Place in Europe’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies[dead link]
- IT Training Awards (IITT) 2010 – Training Department of the Year (silver)[dead link]
- BCS & Computing UK IT Industry Awards 2010 – IT Supplier of the Year (medallist)
- The Growing Business Awards 2010 - Company of the Year (finalist)
- National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2010 – Best Technical Graduate Recruiter (winner) and Best Graduate Training Programme (highly commended)
- IT Training Awards (IITT) 2009 - Training Department of the Year (gold)[dead link]
- Brighton & Hove Business Awards (BAHBA) 2009 - Best Place to Work[not in citation given]
- UK IT Industry Awards 2009 – Best IT Services Supplier of the Year (medallist)
- ""Rush To Join the Ranks of the Mounties" The Argus, 31 March 2009". Theargus.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Who we work with". brighton.ac.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Leading IT Firm Honoured 11th Place in Europe’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies". FDM Group. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Training news when it happens". Training Press Releases. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "UK IT Industry Awards 2010". Eventsforce.net. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Growing Business Awards 2010: Company of the Year shortlist". Real Business. 4 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Archant London". National Graduate Recruitment Awards. 22 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Organisational Excellence Awards finalists | 2009 Awards | IT Industry Awards Archive | UK IT Industry Awards 2011 | Awards and Competitions | Products, Services and Events | BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT". BCS. Retrieved 2011-12-02.