FIFA Football 2003
|FIFA Football 2003|
UK cover art, featuring (from the left) Roberto Carlos, Ryan Giggs, and Edgar Davids
|Developer(s)||EA Canada, Exient Entertainment (GBA)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer, Online multiplayer|
CD-ROM (PC and PS1)
DVD-ROM (PS2 and Xbox)
Nintendo optical disc (GC)
FIFA 2003 is the tenth game in the FIFA series and the seventh to be produced in 3D. A number of new features were added to improve upon the previous version. Club Championship Mode was introduced with the feature of playing against 17 of Europe's top clubs in their own stadiums and the fans singing their unique chants and songs. A TV-style broadcast package gives highlights at half-time and full-time, as well as comprehensive analysis. One of the most anticipated new features was EA Sport's "Freestyle Control" which allows the user to flick the ball on and lay it off to team mates. Other additions include greater likenesses of some of the more well-known players such as Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho, as well as realistic player responses.
The European cover features Roberto Carlos, Ryan Giggs, and Edgar Davids, representing Brazil, Manchester United and Juventus respectively. In the United States, Landon Donovan appeared in Roberto Carlos' place.
FIFA Football 2003 was the first game in the series to use the EA Trax branding, and features the following songs:
- a.mia - "Jumpin' to the Moon (Unexplored Field Mix)"
- Antiloop - "In My Mind"
- Avril Lavigne - "Complicated (Pablo La Rossa Vocal Mix)"
- Bedroom Rockers - "Drivin'"
- Dax Riders - "Real Fonky Time"
- D.O.G. - "Force"
- Idlewild - "You Held the World in Your Arms"
- Kosheen - “Hide U”
- Kosheen - "Pride"
- Ms. Dynamite - "Dy-Na-Mi-Tee"
- Safri Duo - "Played A-Live (The Bongo Song)"
- Sportfreunde Stiller - "Independent"
- Spotrunnaz - "Bigger and Better"
- Timo Maas - "To Get Down (Fatboy Slim Remix)"