FIFA Street (2005 video game)
North American cover art featuring Ronaldinho
FIFA Street is a sports video game developed by Alex Shulmann and published by Electronic Arts. It is commentated on by MC Harvey of the So Solid Crew. It was released in February 2005 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo GameCube. The cover features Brazilian international footballer Ronaldinho.
The game is a spin-off of EA's FIFA series of football games, following the same formula as their other "Street" titles, NFL Street and NBA Street, by reducing the more complete version of the game into a simpler arcade style game. It focusses on flair, style and trickery, as opposed to what FIFA Football focuses on team play and tactics, reflecting the culture of freestyle football played in the streets and backlots across the world.
Using reputation and respect gained from playing 4-on-4 games with tricks and flair, the aim of FIFA Street is to build a team up of well-known and recognised players including Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to progress through street venues across the world.
FIFA Street received mixed to negative reviews from critics.
- "PlayStation 2 review at GameSpot".
- "Xbox review at GameSpot".
- "GameCube review at GameSpot".
- "PlayStation 2 review at IGN".
- "GameCube review at IGN".
- "Xbox review at IGN".
- "PlayStation 2 review at GameSpy".
- "GameCube review at GameSpy".
- "Xbox review at GameSpy".
- "Review on X-Play".
- "Aggregate score for GameCube at Game Rankings".
- "Aggregate score for Xbox at Game Rankings".
- "Aggregate score for PlayStation 2 at Game Rankings".
- "Aggregate score for Xbox at Metacritic".
- "Aggregate score for GameCube at Metacritic".
- "Aggregate score for PlayStation 2 at Metacritic".