Alberto Fassò, Alfredo Ferrari, Johannes Ranft, Paola Sala.Contributing authors: G.Battistoni, F.Cerutti, M.Chin, A.Empl, M.V.Garzelli, M.Lantz, A.Mairani, S.Muraro, V.Patera, S.Roesler, G.Smirnov, F.Sommerer, V. Vlachoudis
|Stable release||FLUKA 2011.2b / 5 May 2013|
|Type||Monte Carlo method, Particle physics|
|License||FLUKA user license|
FLUKA (FLUktuierende KAskade) is a fully integrated Monte Carlo simulation package for the interaction and transport of particles and nuclei in matter . FLUKA has many applications in particle physics, high energy experimental physics and engineering, shielding, detector and telescope design, cosmic ray studies, dosimetry, medical physics, radiobiology. A recent line of development concerns hadron therapy.
FLUKA is available in form of a pre-compiled object library for a number of computer platforms. Source code is also available subject to the conditions specified in the FLUKA license.
FLUKA is developed using the FORTRAN language. Under Linux the g77 compiler is at present necessary to build and run user programs. Since 2011 also a 64 bit version compiled in gfortran is available (for version >4.5).
Early versions of the FLUKA hadronic event generator were implemented in other codes (in particular, GEANT3) and should be referenced as such (e.g. GEANT-FLUKA) and not as FLUKA. The hadronic FLUKA generator in GEANT3 is no more developed since 1993 and cannot be compared with the present stand-alone FLUKA.
- The official FLUKA site: FLUKA home FLUKA Team
- Ferrari, A., Fasso`, A., Ranft, J., Sala, P.R.: FLUKA: a multi-particle transport code, CERN 2005-10 (2005), INFN/TC_05/11, SLAC-R-773
- Battistoni, G., Muraro, S., Sala, P.R., Cerutti, F., Ferrari, A., Roesler, S., Fasso`, A., Ranft, J.: The FLUKA code: Description and benchmarking, Proceedings of the Hadronic Shower Simulation Workshop 2006, Fermilab 6–8 September 2006, M. Albrow, R. Raja eds., AIP Conference Proceeding 896, 31-49, (2007)
- G. Battistoni et al., FLUKA as a new high E cosmic ray generator, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A626-627 (2011) S191
- Jeffrey R. Davis, Robert Johnson, Jan Stepanek - Fundamentals of Aerospace Medicine (2008) - Page 228-230 (Google Books Link 2010)
- Official site of FLUKA collaboration
- FLUKA on the CERN bulletin
- Physics software used to fight cancer
|This physics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|