FL Studio Mobile
FL Studio Mobile 1.0 (non-HD)
|Initial release||June 21, 2011|
|Stable release||1.1 / July 23, 2011|
|Operating system||iOS 3.1.3 or later (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), Android|
|Type||Digital audio workstation|
FL Studio Mobile is a digital audio workstation available for iOS devices such as the iPad, the iPhone, and iPod touch. There is a separate HD version for iPad 1 and iPad 2. Image-Line released a version for use on Android on April 19, 2013.
The program allows for the creation of complete multi-track music projects, which can then be exported in WAV format, MIDI format to work with other digital audio workstations, or in .FLM project format to be opened in FL Studio 10.0.5  or later. Various features include a step sequencer, piano roll, keyboard, drum pad, track editor, effects, and 133 sampled instruments including synths and drum kits. Instruments can also be added as .zip or .instr files.
On June 21, 2011, Image-Line released FL Studio Mobile and FL Studio Mobile HD, versions of their Windows digital audio workstation FL Studio. FL Studio Mobile was developed in cooperation with the makers of Music Studio. Image-Line released the program at an introductory price of $14.99 ($19.99 for the HD version), and both versions are available for download at the App Store.
FL Studio Mobile 1.0 is compatible with devices that operate iOS 3.1.3 or later, specifically all iPhones and iPod touch models. iPad 1 and iPad 2 can run either FL Studio Mobile or FL Studio Mobile HD, and the HD version requires iOS 4.2 or later. The iPhone 4 version includes Retina Display support.
- Track editor
The program has a track editor mode that supports 99 layered tracks. Features include adding, duplicating, and deleting tracks, changing the track's instruments, setting song signature and tempo, an effect bus setting, a pan knob, a volume fader, and mute and solo buttons.
- Piano roll editor
The piano roll editor allows for manually drawing notes, selecting multiple notes by dragging a rectangle, changing the length of multiple notes at once, setting note volume, and moving, duplicating, and quantizing notes.
- Step sequencer
The step sequencer allows for recording one measure of a melody or beat at a time, then turning it into a loop. It allows for the creation of multiple sounds in one instrument track, and adjusting the pitch and velocity of each individual step.
- Keyboard and drum pad
The keyboard feature is both resizable and stackable, allowing for 5 simultaneous touches, and 10 touches on the iPad. It has 3 key label modes, fullscreen support, melody and loop recording, two device orientations, and a fully configurable metronome. Pitch-bend and velocity can be applied to notes entered with the keyboard, drum pads or the piano-roll editor. The non-HD version is compatible with the Akai SynthStation 25, a plug-in piano keyboard for iPhone and iPod touch.
Version 1.0 comes built in with 133 sampled instruments, which cover musical styles such as classical, jazz, rock, electronic, and others. There are synths and drum kits included, as well as Slicex Loops. Pitchbend can be controlled with device tilt. iOS, and therefore FL Studio Mobile, does not support VST plugins. As of version 1.1, user instruments can be created using .instr and .zip files.
Version 1.0 comes with 5 real-time effects, including reverb, delay to create echo, equalizer, amp simulator with two overdrive types, and filter with resonance and optional tilt control. There is also a limiter for song volume. Effects can be turned on or off on an individual channel or applied to an entire project.
Version 1.0 doesn't support importing samples, though Image-Line has announced that future updates will incorporate the feature. The program supports iTunes file sharing, and audio can be exported in WAV and MIDI formats so they can be worked on in other digital audio workstations. Projects can be saved in .FLM format and then loaded onto Microsoft Windows to be opened with FL Studio version 10.0.5. or later. This can be done either on a Windows PC running FL studio natively, or an Apple computer using either Boot Camp or virtualization.
|Version||Release||FL Studio Mobile|
|1.0.0||June 21, 2011||For all iOS devices, with HD for iPad and iPad 2. 133 preset instruments and five real-time effects included. Project files can be exported to be used in FL Studio.|
|1.1.0||July 23, 2011||Added ability to create user instruments from .instr and .zip files. Record button added to filter screen, and filter track editing added to bar editor. Using Sonoma AudioCopy, audio can be sent to other apps via Export.|
|1.2.0||December 20, 2011||Custom Instrument Button (on Instruments list). AudioPaste. Swing (in the Step Editor). SoundCloud export/upload. AAC (.m4a) export. All WAV formats now supported for sample import. Numerous bugfixes & performance enhancements.|
|1.2.1||January 6, 2012||AudioPaste: an arbitrary sample name can be entered. In the SoundCloud popup window, the user name can be tapped to log out. Bug fixes.|
- "FL Studio Mobile version 1.1". Image-Line. July 23, 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- "FL Studio Mobile iPhone". Image-Line. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "FL Studio Mobile iPad (HD)". Image-Line. June 20, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Get FL Studio Mobile". Image-Line. June 21, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Conneally, Tim (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio breaks its 13-year Windows-only run, launches new iOS app". Beta News. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- O'Brien, Terrence (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile lands on iOS, more indie rap albums to be produced while commuting". EnGadget. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Download FL Studio Mobile for iPhone, iPad". SoftPedia. June 20, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Music Studio". Xewton. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Rossignol, Joe (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile now available on the App Store". iFans. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Barribeau, Tim (June 21, 2011). "FruityLoops Heads To iOS With FL Studio Mobile". Everything is Cafe. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Platers, Nick (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio for iPad and iPhone is Out!". Touch Producer. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "FL Studio Mobile HD for iPad". iTunes App Store. June 21, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Kirn, Peter (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile, Now Available on iPhone, iPad; Sampling, Android Support to Come". Create Digital Music. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "FL Studio Mobile". Image-Line. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Parker, Nick (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile HD: Addictive iPad Music Creation". Evolver.fm. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Carter, Joanne (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile - New iOS Music Project App". The App Whisperer. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Official website
- FL Studio Mobile on Twitter
- FL Studio Mobile on Facebook
- FL Studio Mobile at the iTunes App Store
- FL Studio Mobile HD at the iTunes App Store
- Evolver.fm: Addictive iPad Music Creation (June 22, 2011)
- AppStorm: Professional Music-Making on the iPad (July 8, 2011) -
- MusicRadar: FL Studio Mobile 1.0 Review (August 8, 2011) -