History of FM OSAKA
On April 1, 1970, FM OSAKA began broadcasting nationwide as the first private FM station (and the second FM station) in Nakanoshima, Osaka. It was the only FM radio station affiliated with the Japan FM Network (JFN) in the Kansai region. When it first stated, FM OSAKA had a transmitting station on Mt. Ikoma. However, this station was later moved to Mt. Iimori because portions of Osaka were outside the broadcasting area. Now, FM OSAKA, FM 802 and NHK FM Broadcasting in Osaka are at the prefecture's level station to assure that Osaka is in the broadcast area. By the way, which transmits a message from the Ikoma mountain range top because FM COCOLO is broadcast in major cities in Kansai such as Osaka, Sakai, Higashiosaka, Kobe, Amagasaki, Kyoto, Nara and at Kansai International Airport.
In the past, FM OSAKA broadcast from the Asahi Shimbun Osaka Headquarters building in Nakanoshima. It began broadcasting from "Minatomachi River Place" in Minatomachi, Naniwa-ku at 1:00 p.m. on July 22, 2002.
Changing letter name of FM OSAKA
- 1970-04-01 - 1993-03-31: FM Osaka
- 1993-04-01 - 2008-03-31: fm osaka
- 2008-04-01 - present: FM OSAKA
- The head office and studio/performance area
- Minatomachi River Place, 3-1, Minatomachi Itchome, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, 556-8510, Japan
- Tokyo branch office
- JFN Center Building, 1-7, Kojimachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo, 102-0083, Japan
- Iimoriyama transmitting station
- A telephone exchange
- The location: Nomami-Nishiyama, Nose, Toyono District, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- frequency:77.4 MHz
- the output:10w
- Transport cafe
In Keihanshin district area and Nara, there are many places that were able to hear opening of an office from the first.
Other FM Stations in Osaka
- List of radio stations in Japan
- aiko - one of FM OSAKA's disc jockeys, started as a DJ before her singing career.
- FM OSAKA (Japanese)