|Traded as||NYSE: FNB|
|Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia|
|Vincent J. Delie, Jr.
(President and CEO)
F.N.B. Corporation (NYSE: FNB) is a financial services corporation based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the holding company for its largest subsidiary, First National Bank. As of April 2015, F.N.B. has $16.3 billion in assets and operates in six states. There are more than 280 First National Bank offices in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland and West Virginia. The company has 3100 employees.
First National Bank was originally founded in Mercer County, Pennsylvania in 1864 under the name The First National Bank of West Greenville and operated out of the house of then Bank President, Samuel P. Johnston, in Greenville, Pennsylvania.
The bank remained a fixture in Mercer County through World War I, the Great Depression and World War II. In 1946, bank assets totaled approximately $2 million and the bank was still housed in one office.
Across the next three decades, the bank continued to grow, and in 1974, F.N.B. Corporation was established as a financial services holding company for a growing family of business entities which included the bank, under then name The First National Bank of Mercer County and with an asset size of $120 million, and Regency Finance Company.
Along with completing the acquisition of ten branch offices from First National Bank of Pennsylvania in July of 1992, First National Bank of Mercer County acquired the name and formally changed its name to the current First National Bank of Pennsylvania.
Current Chief Executive Officer Vincent J. Delie, Jr., joined the bank in 2005 as President of the Pittsburgh Region. Since then, the company has shown tremendous growth, both organically and through a series of major mergers. Today, with assets of $16.1 billion and 289 offices, FNB holds a top retail deposit share in three major metropolitan statistical areas (Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH and Baltimore, MD ).
In July of 2014, F.N.B. announced that Pittsburgh had officially been named the corporation’s headquarters. F.N.B.’s growth in Pittsburgh has expanded from a single banking office in 1997 to over 84 locations and a top three retail deposit market share today. Over the course of the last 10 years, F.N.B. has continued to expand its Pittsburgh campus to include executive offices, commercial banking, capital markets, private banking, commercial real estate lending, mortgage banking, marketing and more. F.N.B. is the second-largest bank holding company based in Pittsburgh.
Vincent J. Delie, Jr., is President and CEO of F.N.B. Corporation. He joined F.N.B. in 2005 as head of the Pittsburgh Region. Since Delie assumed the role of President and CEO in 2012, F.N.B. has deployed its successful model to additional metropolitan markets and has completed five acquisitions (OBA Financial Services, BCSB Bancorp, Inc., PVF Capital Corp., Annapolis Bancorp, Inc. and Parkvale Financial Corp.).
Delie has nearly 30 years of extensive experience in the financial services industry which includes executive roles at National City Bank in addition to capital markets and investment banking positions held at several prominent financial institutions. Delie earned a degree in Business Administration and Finance from The Pennsylvania State University. He currently serves as Chairman of the Advisory Board for the Watson Institute, a member of the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Economy League of Southwestern Pennsylvania, the United Way and The Duquesne Club where he serves as Treasurer. Delie is also involved in a number of trade associations including the Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia Bankers Associations, the American Bankers Association where he serves on the American Bankers Council, and the Pennsylvania Business Council.
F.N.B. Corporation operates several financial services affiliates, including:
- First National Bank of Pennsylvania, its largest subsidiary, with more than 280 offices across a four-state footprint (as of February 2015).
- First National Trust Company, chartered in 1934.
- F.N.B. Investment Services for individuals, corporations, and retirement funds.
- F.N.B. Investment Advisors, Inc., a registered investment adviser under the registered Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and with the Securities and Exchange Commission and Pennsylvania Securities Commission.
- First National Insurance Agency, offering Property and Casualty, Employee Benefits and Life Insurance coverage.
- Regency Finance Company, the consumer finance arm, with offices in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Awards and Recognition
F.N.B. has received prominent industry and regional accolades including:
- Regional Winner in Middle Market Banking for Overall Satisfaction in the Northeast Region (Greenwich Associates Excellence in Banking Awards, 2014 ).
- Top Workplaces (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 2011-2014 )
- Best Places to Work (Pittsburgh Business Times, 2011-2014 )
- Top 100 People – Vincent J. Delie, Jr. (PA Business Central, 2014 )
- Top 100 Organizations (PA Business Central, 2014 )
|This United States bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|