FOM University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Management
|University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Management|
|Chancellor||Dr. Harald Beschorner |
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Burghard Hermeier|
|Students||32,700 (February 2015) |
|Location||Essen and several more, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
The FOM University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Management is Germany's largest private university. The business school is privately run, works in close co-operation with other universities, and is state recognized. With more than 32,000 students the FOM has the biggest economic and business sciences faculty in Germany.
The majority of students are working professionals. The range of courses offered centers on business, business administration and engineering. The FOM, founded in 1993, has traditionally close relationships with many major German companies.
The university was founded in Essen in 1990 in order to cater to working people. On 18 September 1993 it received state recognition and in September 1994 it began operating. In the 1st year there were 149 students studying Master of Business Administration. In 1998 they began to expand to other sites outside Essen. In 2005 they began offering courses in engineering in association with the Ruhr University Bochum.
In 2012, the university sued a former student for being too fast when completing 11 semesters worth of studies in only 4 semesters.
The main faculty is located in Essen. There are 31 other schools in Germany, located in Aachen, Augsburg, Berlin, Bochum, Bonn, Böhnen, Bremen, Darmstadt, Dortmund, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Freiburg, Gütersloh, Hagen, Hamburg, Hannover, Kassel, Köln, Leipzig, Mannheim, Marl, München, Münster, Neuss, Nürnberg, Offenbach, Siegen, Stuttgart, Wesel and Wuppertal. There is also an FOM in Luxembourg.
The FOM has partnerships with more than 700 companies including 3M, Allianz, Deutsche Bank, RWE, Siemens, Deutsche Bahn, Bayer, HSBC Trinkaus, ThyssenKrupp, BMW, Vodafone, Deloitte and Ernst & Young.
- Bachelor of Arts:
- Business Administration
- International Management
- Banking and Finance
- Gesundheits- und Sozialmanagement
- Bachelor of Engineering: Ingenieurwesen
- Bachelor of Laws: Wirtschaftsrecht
- Bachelor of Science:
- Master of Arts:
- Master of Science:
- Business Information Technology
- Corporate Communication
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Sales Management
- Technologie- und Innovationsmanagement
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Laws: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Master of Science: Ingenieurwesen - Maschinenbau/Mechatronik
- Research emphasis on financial portfolio management, quantitative modeling and asset management.
- iap Institut für Arbeit und Personal
- Research emphasis on organization and employee relations, with an emphasis on the organization of worktime.
- ild Institut für Logistik und Dienstleistungsmanagement
- Research emphasis on logistics, service management, and operation research.
- ipo Institut für Personal- und Organisationforschung
- Research emphasis on employee and organizational theory, with emphasis on incentive systems and knowledge management.
- "FOM University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Management". http://self.gutenberg.org.
- FOM - Current Issues
- The FOM announces new academic departments
- University cooperations
- Biggest economic and business sciences faculty in Germany
- "One of the nation's leading universities in economics". http://www.koelner-wissenschaftsrunde.de.
- Accreditation by the FIBAA and the Wissenschaftsrat
- "FOM Hochschule für Oekonomie & Management - University of Applied Sciences". http://www.mastersportal.eu.
- Company partners
- Deutsches Institut für Portfolio-Strategien
- Prof. Dr. Eric Frère (director of the dips)
- Institut für Arbeit und Personal
- Institut für Logistik und Dienstleistungsmanagement
- Institut für Personal- und Organisationforschung
- Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft