FR6 (Lazio regional railways)
|System||Lazio regional railways|
|Line length||137 km (85 mi)|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||3,000 V DC|
|Operating speed||60 km/h (37 mph) (ave)|
The FR6 is a regional rail route. It forms part of the network of the Lazio regional railways (Italian: ferrovie regionali del Lazio), which is operated by Trenitalia, and converges on the city of Rome, Italy.
The route operates over the infrastructure of the Rome–Cassino–Naples railway. Within the territory of the comune of Rome, it plays the role of a commuter railway. It is estimated that on average about 50,000 passengers travel on an FR6 train each day.
The designation FR6 appears only in publicity material (e.g. public transport maps), in the official timetables, and on signs at some stations. The electronic destination boards at stations on the FR6 route show only the designation "R" and the relevant train number.
The stations on the FR6 are as follows:
- Roma Termini
- Tor Vergata
- Colle Mattia
- Colonna Galleria
- Isoletta-San Giovanni Incarico
- Piedimonte-Villa Santa Lucia-Aquino
The FR6 route is included in the Trenitalia official timetable M80 Roma–Cassino–Caserta–Napoli.
As of 2012[update], FR6 services operated between Roma Termini and Cassino on a clock-face schedule once every hour in each direction. The full trip between these two stations is 138 km (86 mi) long, and takes about two hours.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Lazio
- Rail transport in Italy
- Transport in Rome
- "Ferrovie metropolitane e regionali - Informazioni". 060608 website. Roma Capitale. Retrieved 9 November 2012. (Italian)/(English)
- "Linea ferroviaria FR6 Roma - Frosinone - Cassino". Lazio.portale-infrastrutture website. Unioncamere Lazio. Retrieved 9 November 2012. (Italian)
- "FR6: Roma Termini - Frosinone/Cassino". 060608 website. Roma Capitale. Retrieved 9 November 2012. (Italian)/(English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ferrovie Regionali del Lazio.|
- ATAC – official site (Italian)
- ATAC map – schematic depicting all routes in the Rome railway network
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at November 2012.