From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FWD may refer to:
- Front-wheel drive, a common method of vehicle propulsion
- FWD (Famine, War, and Drought), Campaign from USAID
- Free World Dialup (now simply FWD), a non-commercial Voice over IP network
- Falling weight deflectometer (Falling Weight Deflectometer test), a structural test on road and airport pavements
- Far Western District, a geographical district of the Barbershop Harmony Society
- Fire weather outlook, a forecast of fire weather conditions by the U.S. National Weather Service
- An archaic term for four-wheel drive (4WD or AWD is preferred today)
- The Four Wheel Drive Auto Company of Clintonville, Wisconsin, later the FWD Corporation
- An abbreviation of "Forward", appended to the beginning of e-mail subject lines when sending a received message on to someone else ("forwarding")
- FWD.us, a lobbying group in the United States founded by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs (led by Mark Zuckerberg), focused on immigration reform and improving education and enabling technological breakthrough.
- Free Working Distance, a term used in microscopy to describe the distance between the focused object and the objective lens
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title FWD.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.