|Launched||April 1, 2014|
|Owned by||Rogers Media|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)
|Sister channel(s)||FX Canada|
|Website||FX Now Canada|
|Bell TV||Channel 1291 (HD)|
|Rogers Cable||Channel 64 (SD)
Channel 566 (HD)
|Source Cable||Channel 845 (HD)|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 332 (SD)
Channel 1332 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 88 (SD)
Channel 388 (HD)
FXX is a Canadian English-language Category B digital cable specialty channel. Based on the U.S. cable network of the same name, FXX is devoted primarily to scripted comedies for young adults. It launched on April 1, 2014, in standard definition and high definition.
It was reported that Rogers had plans to launch a Canadian version of FXX, a younger-skewing spinoff of FX. Originally scheduled for January 2014, FXX's launch was later rescheduled to April 2014. As part of the launch of the channel, several shows which previously aired on FX Canada moved to FXX. In addition, a Canadian version of the FXNOW app, which allows viewers to watch shows from FXX and FX Canada, has been launched. On the day of the launch, FX Canada's website was completely revamped to include program information from both FX-branded channels.
It was revealed through CRTC regulatory documents that the broadcast licence used to launch FXX was the licence originally granted for a proposed channel called Ampersand. That licence requires the channel's programming to be related to "romance, love and relationships".
As with FX Canada, any new series produced for it's U.S counterpart will air on FXX. However, FXX also airs several original shows from the U.S version of FX (namely Fargo, Married, and You're the Worst).
Current as of September 2014
Acquired from FX Networks
- Ali G: Rezurection
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- The League
- Totally Biased
- You're the Worst
Other Acquired Programming
- 30 Rock
- Da Vinci's Inquest
- Eastbound & Down
- Murdoch Mysteries
- The Office (U.S. TV series)
- Package Deal
- Rogers goes after younger audience with new FXX channel Toronto Star, 14 January 2014
- "Rogers Media Announces Launch of New Premium Specialty Channel FXX, April 1". Rogers Media TV Access. January 14, 2014. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Rogers Media to Launch FXX Canada in 2014 Via FX Networks Pact". Hollywood Reporter. May 29, 2013. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- List of digital Category 1 and 2 services authorized for distribution; CRTC; undated
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-105 CRTC 2011-02-18
- "FXX-Planning-Spring-2014-2.pdf". Rogers Media Inc. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Boundary-pushing Programming Slate Unveiled for FXX, Launching April 1". Rogers Media TV Access. March 6, 2014. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
|This article about a television station in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|