|Stable release||2013 Spring Release |
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Enterprise Search, Information Access, Digital Cognition|
|License||Commercial, test version available for download|
Fabasoft Mindbreeze is a range of software for Enterprise Search, Information Access and Digital Cognition. The flagship product of the range is Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise (formerly Mindbreeze Enterprise Search). The products are developed by Mindbreeze GmbH, a subsidiary of the Fabasoft Group headquartered in Linz, Upper Austria. 
The name "Mindbreeze" is derived from the terms "mind" and "breeze".
The first two Mindbreeze products, Mindbreeze Desktop Search and Mindbreeze Enterprise Search (today Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise), were launched simultaneously in 2005. The software was developed with the objective of finding relevant information from all corporate applications and external data sources quickly (Enterprise Search).
In 2005 the product was able to search across:
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook
- Files and documents in the local file system and central file sharing
- Fabasoft eGov-Suite und Fabasoft eCRM-Suite
From the start the products have been available under Linux and Microsoft Windows. In 2006 Mindbreeze started a partner program for developers. With the Software Development Kit it became possible to use Mindbreeze technology in third-party products and to connect a third-party product to Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise. At the beginning of 2006, Version 2.1 featured a Web Client in addition to the Windows Client. This replaced the Windows Client completely in 2008. In the following years the emphasis was placed on usability, maximum scalability and content comprehension and analysis. The connectors developed by Mindbreeze (for connection to data sources) have been developed and expanded continuously since 2005. Additional products like Mindbreeze InSpire and Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile were created. From version "2010 Winter Release" (5.0) onwards, Mindbreeze Enterprise Search has been renamed Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise as part of the Fabasoft umbrella brand strategy.
Fabasoft Mindbreeze is an in-house development of Mindbreeze GmbH.
Search-based Application (SBA)
Mindbreeze InApp gives independent software manufacturers and system integrators the possibility to create search-based applications based on the Fabasoft Mindbreeze product range and Mindbreeze technology.
Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile
Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile builds upon Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise to facilitate mobile access to data spread out across the company with a smartphone. The input field on the smartphone can be used to search through the connected corporate data sources. Searches in Wikipedia and Google are, amongst others, also supported. The preview function, which is format independent, makes it possible to retain and read information from all connected data sources on smartphones at any time.
Mindbreeze InSite is a secure and semantic search for websites (Secure Site Search). The product is web-based and therefore does not require installation. A code is simply integrated into the website. The search service is made available via a server in the Fabasoft data centers. Search results where the search term appears are displayed complete with thumbnails of the page. Semantic correlations and meta data are automatically extracted, so that dynamic facets can be supported in the search navigation. The recently added feature "Information Pairing" makes it possible to individually piece together collected information (i.e. Facebook comments, blog posts, images, ...) to display it wherever you like, however you like. Mindbreeze InSite became a real revelation in website search and is associated with the slogan “Illuminating Information”.
Fabasoft Mindbreeze Solutions
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise (formerly Mindbreeze Enterprise Search) 
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile
- Mindbreeze InApp
- Mindbreeze InSpire (formerly Fabasoft Mindbreeze Appliance)
- Mindbreeze Connectoren (e.g. IBM Lotus Connector, Novell GroupWise Connector, Data Integration Connector, Symantec Enterprise Vault Federator)
- Mindbreeze InSite (semantic website search)
Fields of use
- Centralized search for all corporate data sources
- Application specific search
- Search in portals and online shops (eCommerce)
- Website Search
- Search-based applications (e.g. Business Intelligence 2.0)
Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile was nominated for the INNOVATIONSPREIS-IT (IT Innovation Award) in the category "Mobile", awarded by the Initiative Mittelstand (D) (midrange initiative) in 2010.
In 2008 Mindbreeze Enterprise Search and, in 2009, Mindbreeze Search Appliance received the award "Trend-Setting Products of The Year" from the US magazine KMWorld.
In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, Mindbreeze GmbH was selected by the US magazine KMWorld as one of the "100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management".     
Gartner Inc. admitted Mindbreeze GmbH with the Mindbreeze solutions 2008 and 2009 into the "Magic Quadrant for Information Access" as a niche player. 
In 2011 Mindbreeze InSpire was awarded as Trend-Setting Product 2011 by KMWorld 
In 2012 Mindbreeze receives the KMWorld Award "Trend-Setting Product 2012" for Mindbreeze InSite. The “Trend-Setting Products 2012” were selected from more than 700 entries. 
- Highlights Fabasoft Mindbreeze 2012 Fall Release: Recalled at May 29, 2013.
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2011 Winter Release: Recalled at May 2, 2011.
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2010 Spring Release SPI
- Stephan E. Arnold: An Interview with Daniel Fallmann. In ArnoldIT, September 3, 2009. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2005/2006
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2008/2009
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2009/2010
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2011 Spring Release: Recalled at August 15, 2011.
- Rudolf Felser: Mobiler Zugriff auf Unternehmensdaten via Mindbreeze Mobile. In: DerBörsianer.com, May 21, 2010. Recalled at June 24, 2010.
- Trend-Setting Products of 2012: Mindbreeze: Mindbreeze InSite. In: KMWorld, September 1, 2012. Recalled at September 10, 2012.
- "FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint: Features Breakdown". In: Blog Beyond Search, February 7, 2012. Recalled at March 28, 2012.
- Siegerliste: Innovationspreis-IT(recalled at June 15, 2010)
- Hugh McKellar: Trend-Setting Products of 2008. In: KMWorld (USA), August 31, 2008. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Hugh McKellar: Trend-setting Products of 2009: EDS, an HP Company and Mindbreeze. In: KMWorld, August 28, 2009. Recalled at June 24, 2010.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management 2008. In: KMWorld, February 29, 2008. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management. In: KMWorld, March 1, 2009. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management. In: KMWorld, March 1, 2010. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management. In: KMWorld, March 1, 2011. Recalled at August 22, 2011.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management. In: KMWorld, March 1, 2012. Recalled at March 6, 2012.
- Hugh McKellar: KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management. In: KMWorld, March 1, 2013. Recalled at May 29, 2013.
- Rudolf Felser: Mindbreeze im Magic Quadrant Information Access Technology gelistet. In: Computerwelt, October 23, 2008. Recalled at June 30, 2010.
- PR.com: Fabasoft/Mindbreeze Receives “Positive” Rating in Leading Analyst Firm’s Enterprise Search MarketScope Report. In: PR.com, December 4, 2010. Recalled at December 9, 2010.
- Financial Post Mindbreeze InSpire is Trend-Setting Product 2011. In: Financialpost.com, September 1, 2011. Recalled at September 6, 2011