|Full name||Fabián Andrés Castillo Sánchez|
|Date of birth||17 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Cali, Colombia|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Castillo started his career in the youth ranks of Colombian side Deportivo Cali. In 2010 he joined the first team and became an important player for the club. On 18 July 2010, he scored his first professional goal with Deportivo Cali in a 1–1 draw against Deportes Tolima. In his first year with the club he appeared in 18 league matches and scored 3 goals. He also was able to help Deportivo Cali capture the 2010 Copa Colombia.
On 3 March 2011, it was first reported by Colombian News Site El País, and confirmed by FC Dallas Academy Director Óscar Pareja, that a deal had been reached to bring the young Colombian forward to FC Dallas on a 3-year deal. The unconfirmed report stated the transfer fee was 800,000 U.S. Dollars and that FC Dallas would own 50% of the player's rights, while Deportivo Cali would retain the other half. FC Dallas confirmed the signing of Castillo on 7 March 2011. Terms were undisclosed.
He made his debut for Dallas on 26 March 2011, in a 2–1 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes. Castillo was named to the MLS Team of Week 9 in the 2011 MLS season for his play against Philadelphia Union and Toronto FC. He scored his first goal for the club against the Los Angeles Galaxy on 1 May 2011.
Castillo has participated in various youth national teams for Colombia, including the Under-17 and Under-20 national team.
- [dead link]
- "Colombia - F. Castillo - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Fabián Castillo cumplirá su sueño americano - diario El Pais". Elpais.com.co. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Breaking News: Fabian Castillo Deal Finalized". Big D Soccer. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "acquires forward Fabian Castillo from Deportivo Cali". FC Dallas. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Wondolowski's brace spoils Castillo's Dallas debut
- "Team of the Week: Week 9". MLSsoccer.com. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2014.