Fabrika automobila Priboj
|Native name||Korporacija FAP a.d.
Корпорација ФАП а.д.
|Type||Public limited company|
|Founded||Priboj, Serbia (July 29, 1952)|
|Key people||Zoran Zaković (General director)|
|Products||Trucks, Buses, Chassises, Truck trailers|
|Revenue||€7.82 million (2013) |
|Net income||-€22.12 million (2013)|
|Total assets||€93.12 million (2013)|
|Total equity||€1.95 (2013)|
Fabrika automobila Priboj (Корпорација Фабрика Аутомобила Прибој а.д. / Korporacija Fabrika Automobila Priboj a.d.) is a Serbian automotive manufacturer of trucks and buses founded in 1952. Initially producing licensed copies of Saurer trucks, it now produces Mercedes-Benz NG trucks under license.
Founded in 1952 by decree of then Socialist Republic of Serbia government. On 30 October 1953, the first trucks were produced based on licence from Saurer. Models were 4G and 6G (4 and 6 tonnes). In 1959 factory was extended and capacity growth on 3600 vehicles per year. In 1961 vehicles and engines manufacturers cluster "ITV" was formed with FAP as member. First domestically designed FAP vehicles where FAP 10B and FAP 15B introduced in serial production by 1965. The FAP 18B was made with a Leyland engine licence built by FAMOS. In 1970 a production, technical and financial cooperation contract was signed with Daimler-Benz. First product from FAP based on contract with Daimler-Benz was LP1113 and it was followed by MB 1213 and O 302. By 1975 new manufacturing plant with 50.000 square meters was built and 150 new machines installed. New projected capacity was 10.000 vehicles/year. Licence contract with Mercedes-Benz was extended in 1976. for production of vehicle from 12 to 26 tonnes weight; many new vehicles are produced like FAP 1616, 1620, 1626, 1921, 1926, 2226 and 2626. With collaboration of FAP with Military Technical Institute Belgrade in 1978 it is developed special military vehicles FAP 2026/6×6 and it is produced in following years in different variants to satisfy various roles in military. FAP was producing many different chassis that where used in factory's in Zagreb, Skopje, Belgrade as bases for producing buses and other vehicles. In 1986 licence with Mercedes-Benz was extended for producing 12-26 tonnes gross vehicle weight. In 1984 FAP was again extending factory in newly build industrial zone "Manovica". By own design center trailers where developed from 20-70 tonnes gross weight. Until 1991 FAP had 16,468 square meters of factory space. Trucks and other FAP products were exported worldwide 
FAP offers many variants of vehicles, with different engines manufactured by Mercedes-Benz, Cummins, MAN and Famos, FAP is producing vehicles for domestic use and export. Exported vehicles can be found in many countries worldwide like Egypt, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Syria, etc.
Current production line consist of military and civilian vehicles. FAP also builds chassis, trailers aggregates(axles, transmissions, spare parts, cabins, shipbuilding parts etc.). All current produced vehicles have EURO 3, EURO 4 or EURO 5 engines type. All vehicles listed here are in current offer of FAP.
Military production line
Civilian production program
- 1318 B/42 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 1824 BD/48 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 1828 BD/48 4x2 Engine type MB OM 906 LA EU3
- 1829 BD/48 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2235 BD/45 6x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2236 BD/45 6x2 Engine type ISL 8.9 EU5 360
- 1836 BDT/32 4x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 1840 BDT/32 4x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2636 BDT/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2636 BDT/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 1318 BK/36 4x2 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 1418 BSK/36 4x4 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 2024 BK/38 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2024 BSK/38 4x4 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2629 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2630 BK/32 6x4 Engine type ISB 6.7 E5 300
- 2636 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
- 3036 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
- 3240 BKM/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5 or CUMMINS ISLe4 + 400 EU4
- 4140 BKM/45 8x4/4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
FAP produces variety of buses: City buses, Suburb buses, Intercity buses, Minibuses.
- City Bus A-537.4 CNG Engine type CUMMINS –CGe4-280 –Euro 4
- City Bus A-537.3 Engine type MB OM 457 hla EU3 or MAN D2066LUH 11 EU4
- Single low Floor City Bus A-537.5 Engine type OM 457h LA EU5
- Single low Floor City Bus A-547.3 Engine type MB OM 457h LA EU3 or MAN D2066 LUH 12 EU4
- Double low Floor City Bus A-559.4 Engine type MAN D2066 LUH 12 EU4
- Midibus A-402 Engine type CUMMINS B180-20
There is also a chassis in production. They are used as bases for different kind of vehicles and special upgrades.
- Chassis A-918 Engine type Cummins B 180 - 20
Vehicles history production lines
List of vehicles which are no longer in production.
List of produced military vehicles in past:
List of produced civilian vehicles in past:
- 18 engine based on licence produce Leyland engine
- MB 1213
- O 302
- 1835 RBDT
- 2640 RBDT
- 1922 RBSK
- 2021 RBK
- 2023 RBK
- 2635 RBDT
- 2628 RBK
- 2632 RBK
- 2635 RBK
- 3035 RBK
- Tovarna avtomobilov Maribor another former Yugoslavian truck manufacturer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fabrika automobila Priboj trucks.|
- "Основни подаци из консолидованог финансијског извештаја за 2013. годину". Agencija za privredne registre Srbije. Retrieved 2 July 2014.(Serbian)
- "Vehicle manufacturer profiles". p. 8. Retrieved 22 June 2013.