Faces of War
|Faces of War|
Faces of War (originally known as Outfront II, Russian: В тылу врага 2) is a real-time strategy and real-time tactics computer wargame developed by Ukrainian developer Best Way and published by Russian publisher 1C Company. The game is a sequel to 2004's Soldiers: Heroes of World War II. Whereas Soldiers had the player controlling a handful of squad members alone in enemy territory, Faces of War engages the player and his squad in massive battles fighting alongside AI controlled squads. The game features a full 3D engine allowing the player to have much greater control over the camera compared to Soldiers. The engine also allows nearly full environmental destruction. The developers have also improved the multiplayer options from the last game, with many more modes and options. The game was released in Russia on September 8, 2006 and North America for PC on September 12, 2006.
Game scenario writers include Alexander Zorich.
The game was developed using the GEM Engine, allowing more destructible items and better camera movement.
Ubisoft released a single player demo of the game in July 2006. A multiplayer demo was released a few days before the official release in September. Two patches were released for the game over December 2006 and January 2007.
Faces of War's sequel Men of War was released in 2009 by 1C Company.
On Metacritic the game received an average score of 67 out of 100, which the site classifies as "mixed or average reviews". GameRankings gave the game a similar score of 66.69%. Both sites based their aggregate score on 21 independent reviews.
- "FoW Current News - US". Ubisoft. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "FoW Current News - UK". Ubisoft. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Faces of War, Game info, features". Retrieved 15 February 2010.[dead link]
- Piersandro Guerrera (6 September 2006). "Faces of War è stato completato, festeggiamolo online con la demo multigiocatore". GameStar. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Faces of War for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Faces of War for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Oliver Clare (7 December 2006). "Faces of War". Eurogamer. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Tyler Nagata (27 September 2006). "Faces of War review". GamesRadar. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Brett Todd (22 December 2006). "Faces of War Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Steve Butts (6 October 2006). "Faces of War Review". IGN. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Mark Marrow (8 October 2006). "Faces of War Review". PALGN. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Faces of War". PC Format (194): 113. December 2006.
- PC Gamer UK staff (November 2006). "Faces of War". PC Gamer UK: 74. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Faces of War". PC Gamer: 78. 25 December 2006.
- "PC Review: Faces of War". PC Zone: 100. December 2006.
- Paul Devlin (4 October 2006). "Faces of War Review". VideoGamer.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|