From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up factor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A factor, a Latin word meaning "who/which acts", may refer to:
- Factor (agent), a person who acts for another, notably a mercantile and colonial agent
- Factor (Scotland), a person or firm managing a Scottish estate
- Factors of production, a resource used in the production of goods and services
- Factoring (finance), an entity providing commercial finance services
- Max Factor, a cosmetics company founded by Max Factor, Sr.
Science and technology
- Factor B and factor D, peptides involved in the alternate pathway of immune system complement activation
- Coagulation factors, substances essential for blood coagulation
- Environmental factor, any abiotic or biotic factor that affects life
- An enzyme, proteins that catalyze chemical reactions
- Transcription factor, a protein that binds to specific DNA sequences
Computer science and information technology
- Authentication factor, a piece of information used to verify a person's identity for security purposes
- Factor (programming language), a concatenative stack-oriented programming language
- A substring, a subsequence of consecutive symbols in a string
- The organization of computer code, also known as Decomposition_(computer_science)
- Factor (Unix), a utility for factoring an integer into its prime factors.
Other uses in science
- Sun protection factor, a unit describing reduction in transmitted ultraviolet light
- Human factors, a profession that focuses on how people interact with products, tools, or procedures.
- In the design of experiments, a phenomenon presumed to affect an experiment
- A term in multiplication
- Divisor, an integer which evenly divides a number without leaving a remainder
- Factorization, the decomposition of an object into a product of other objects
- Integer factorization, the process of breaking down a composite number into smaller non-trivial divisors
- A coefficient, a multiplicative factor in an expression, usually a number
- The act of forming a factor group or quotient ring in abstract algebra
- A von Neumann algebra with a trivial center
- Factor (graph theory), a spanning subgraph
- Any finite contiguous subsequence of a word
- An independent variable, either categorical or continuous, controlled by the experimenter. However, "factor" is sometimes used synonymously with categorical variable, regardless whether it is controlled.
- Factor analysis is the study of how factors or certain variables affect other variables
- The O'Reilly Factor, an American talk show hosted by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News
- The Krypton Factor, a British game show hosted by Gordon Burns, formerly on ITV
- The Krypton Factor (U.S. game show) American version
- Max Factor, Sr., a Polish-American businessman and cosmetician
- Max Factor, Jr., son of the above, born Francis Factor
- John Factor, a Prohibition-era gangster
- Factor (producer), a Canadian hip hop artist
- FACTOR, the Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Records
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Factor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.