Nova School of Business and Economics
|Nova School of Business and Economics|
|Dean||José Ferreira Machado, Ph.D|
|Campus||Campus de Campolide|
|Affiliations||AMBA, CEMS, EQUIS, AACSB|
The Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE) is a prestigious Portuguese Business School. It is the faculty of economic and management sciences, of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Nova). The designation "Nova SBE" is a rebranding and new official name of the Faculty. The original designation Faculdade de Economia (Faculty of Economics) was kept as alternative official name.
Its current director is Prof. Dr. José Ferreira Machado. The faculty is housed in an 18th-century palace which formerly served a Jesuit college.
It has been a member of CEMS since December 2007. Moreover, it is one of 59 Triple Crown business schools worldwide which implies accreditation by EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. It has been the first Portuguese business school to acquire international accreditations.
- CEMS Master in International Management
- International Master in Finance Brazil-Europe
- The Lisbon MBA
- Summer at Nova
Rankings and Accreditations
Nova SBE is one of the few business schools in the world with triple crown accreditation, is the exclusive portuguese member school of CEMS, was awarded with the maximum of 5 palmes by the Eduniversal ranking and is present in the following rankings in the Financial Times in 2013:
- CEMS Masters in International Management: 7th worldwide
- Masters in Management: 54th worldewide
- Masters in Finance: 22nd worldwide
- Executive Education: 16th worldwide
- The Lisbon MBA International: 15th in Europe
- Business School: 36th in Europe
- Jorge Braga de Macedo, Minister of Finance in the XII Constitutional Government.
- Maria do Carmo Seabra, Minister of Education in the XVI Constitutional Government.
- Luís Campos e Cunha, Minister of Finance in the XVII Constitutional Government.
- José Manuel Neves Adelino, non-executive director at SONAE SGPS.
- Official website (Portuguese)