Faculty of Law, Saint Petersburg State University
|Faculty of Law at Saint Petersburg State University|
|Location||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
The faculty of law was the biggest at Saint Petersburg University by the end of 19th century (1335 of 2675 students were studying there in 1894).
During the 19th–20th centuries such famous scholars took part in life of the faculty as Friedrich Martens, Leon Petrazycki, Nikolai Tagantsev, Aleksandr Gradovsky, Konstantin Kavelin, Maksim Kovalevsky, Anatoliy Koni, and Ilia Zdanevich.
Also three prime ministers of Russia, Boris Stürmer, Alexander Kerensky and Vladimir Putin (as well former president), the leader of the Bolsheviks Vladimir Lenin and the current president Dmitriy Medvedev have graduated from the faculty.
- Department of State and Administrative Law
- Department of Civil Law
- Department of Civil Procedure
- Department of Commercial Law
- Department of International Law
- Department of Environmental Law
- Department of the Theory and History of the State and Law
- Department of Labor Law
- Department of Criminal Law
- Department of Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics