Faculty of Medicine – University of Manitoba
|University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine|
UofM Medical School's administrative building - The Brodie Centre
|Established||1883 (School of Medicine)|
|Dean||Dr. Brian Postl|
|Students||110 per year|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Faculty of Medicine – University of Manitoba is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and part of the University of Manitoba. The University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine's Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on August 15, 2008.
The Medical Corps Memorial was erected by the Manitoba Medical Alumni Association, dedicated to the memory of the graduates and students of the University of Manitoba Medical College; "In enduring remembrance of the Graduates and students of this school who laid down their lives in Wars of the Empire, their names are here inscribed by the Manitoba Medical Alumni Association 1885. North West Rebellion (one name/un nom) 1900 South African War (one name/un nom) 1914 - 1918 The Great War (seven names/sept noms)."
- Biochemistry and Medical Genetics
- Clinical Health Psychology
- Community Health Sciences
- J. A. Hildes Northern Medical Unit
- Continuing Professional Development
- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Human Anatomy and Cell Science
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Northern Health Research Unit
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- Pediatrics and Child Health
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies
The medical school is located at the Bannatyne Campus.
The nearby University of Winnipeg offers a pre-medical studies program.
|This Manitoba school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|