Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science, University of Peradeniya
|Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science, University of Peradeniya|
|Dean||Prof. H.B.S. Ariyarathne|
|Location||Peradeniya, Sri Lanka|
Coordinates: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science, University of Peradeniya is one of the eight faculties of University of Peradeniya and the only institution that trains veterinary surgeons in Sri Lanka. It conducts both undergraduate a graduate programs in the field on Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science.
The faculty was set up in 1947 with the faculty of agriculture. The department was shifted from Colombo to Peradeniya in 1954. In 1973 the Department of Veterinary Science was upgraded to a School of Veterinary Science. It was by 1980, the department received its full faculty status.
- Department of Basic Veterinary Sciences
- Department of Veterinary Pathobiology
- Department of Public Health & Pharmacology
- Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- Department of Farm Animal Health and Production