Faddiley is a small village (at SJ 590 530) and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village is located 4 miles to the west of Nantwich. The parish also includes the small settlements of Larden Green and Woodhey or Woodhey Green, with a total population of a little over 150. Nearby villages include Brindley, Burland, Chorley, Haughton and Ravensmoor.
Geography and transport
The A534 (Wrexham Road) runs east–west through the parish.
Places of worship
The grade-I-listed Woodhey Chapel is located near Woodhey Green. Formerly the chapel of the old Woodhey Hall, now demolished, it was built in around 1700 for the widow of Sir Thomas Wilbraham, the last baronet of Woodhey.
Woodhey Methodist Chapel was a Wesleyan chapel founded in 1809. It was rebuilt at a different location in 1873, and closed in 1980.
Other notable landmarks
The present Woodhey Hall is a grade-II-listed red-brick farmhouse, built around 1870 as part of the Tollemache Estate.
The Thatch Inn public house is located on Wrexham Road in Faddiley village. Formerly the Tollemache Arms, the grade-II-listed black-and-white inn dates from the late 17th century. The civil parish contains several other grade-II-listed timber-framed buildings dating from the 17th and early 18th centuries. These include Dragon's Cottage and Fingerpost Farmhouse on Wrexham Road, Ivy Cottage on Holling Green Lane, Botterleyhill on Springe Lane, and the Old Cart House near Woodhey Hall, a former barn converted to residential use.
- Genuki: Faddiley (accessed 14 August 2007)
- Latham, p. 137
- Cheshire County Council: Parish Council Details: Brindley and Faddiley Parish Council (accessed 29 May 2008)
- Neighbourhood Statistics: Faddiley CP (accessed 12 August 2007)
- Images of England: Woodhey Chapel (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Richards R. Old Cheshire Churches, pp. 367–369 (Batsford; 1947)
- Images of England: Woodhey Cross, Woodhey Lane (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Woodhey Hall (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Geograph: The Thatch Inn at Faddiley (accessed 15 August 2007)
- Images of England: The Tollemache Arms (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Dragon's Cottage (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Fingerpost Farmhouse (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Ivy Cottage (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Botterleyhill (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Images of England: Barn south of Woodhey Hall (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Geograph: Old Cart House and Woodhey Hall (accessed 14 February 2008)
- Latham FA, ed. Acton (The Local History Group; 1995) (ISBN 0-9522284-1-6)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Faddiley.|