Fade to Black (2004 film)
|Fade to Black|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Patrick Paulson
Michael John Warren
|Produced by||Bob Ezrin
Theron "Tee Smif" Smith
|Editing by||Jimmy Helton
|Studio||At Radical Dot Media|
|Distributed by||Paramount Classics|
|Release dates||November 5, 2004 U.S.|
|Running time||109 min.|
Fade to Black is a 2004 documentary about the career of US rapper Jay-Z. It also features many other famous names in hip hop music. This live concert at Madison Square Garden was meant to be Jay-Z's final performance, as he announced his intentions to retire from the industry.
Fade to Black runs through some of the major parts of Jay-Z's Madison Square Garden performance while cutting to Jay-Z and his exploits and showing the viewers where his inspiration comes from.
- Memphis Bleek
- Mary J. Blige
- Foxy Brown
- Michael Buffer
- Damon Dash
- Ghostface Killah
- Just Blaze
- Missy Elliott
- Funkmaster Flex
- R. Kelly
- Rick Rubin
- Beanie Sigel
- Slick Rick
- Kanye West
- Pharrell Williams
- Johnny Roland
- "What More Can I Say"
- "Public Service Announcement"
- "A Dream"
- "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" (feat. Jaguar Wright)
- "Knee Deep"
- "Nigga What, Nigga Who"
- "It's Hot"
- "Big Pimpin'"
- "Like a Pimp"
- "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" (recording session footage)
- "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)"
- The Notorious B.I.G. / 2Pac tribute ("Hypnotize" / "Hail Mary" / "Ambitionz Az a Ridah" / "Mo Money Mo Problems")
- "You Me Him Her" (feat. Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek)
- "What We Do" (feat. Beanie Sigel and Freeway)
- "Roc the Mic" (performed by Beanie Sigel and Freeway)
- "Is That Yo Chick" (feat. Missy Elliott, Twista and Memphis Bleek)
- "Pop Pop the Burner"
- "99 Problems" (recording session footage)
- "Crazy in Love" (with Beyoncé)
- "Baby Boy" (performed by Beyoncé)
- "Summertime" (performed by Beyoncé and Ghostface Killah)
- "December 4th" (recording session footage)
- "Dead Presidents II"
- "Where I'm From"
- "Ain't No Nigga" (feat. Foxy Brown and Jaguar Wright)
- "Funky Worm" (sample only)
- "Lucifer" (recording session footage)
- "Can't Knock the Hustle" (feat. Mary J. Blige)
- "Song Cry" (feat. Mary J. Blige)
- "Me & My Bitch"
- "I Need Love"
- "The Best of Both Worlds" (with R. Kelly)
- "Take You Home With Me (A.K.A. Body)" (with R. Kelly)
- "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)" (feat. Pharrell Williams)
- "December 4th"
|This hip hop music/culture article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a music documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|