||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay rather than an encyclopedic description of the subject. (February 2012)|
January 4, 1966 |
Fahmida Nabi (Bengali: ফাহমিদা নবী, born January 4, 1966) is a Bangladeshi singer. She is the daughter of late singer, Mahmud Un Nabi, and the elder sister of singer Samina Chowdhury.
Nabi's solo career started in 1979 and has spanned over three decades. She sings primarily classical and modern Bengali songs. Besides that, she sings Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul Sangeet. On 15 January 2011, she released a solo album titled “Akash O Shamudra Aupar”, which features 10 songs written & tuned by Dr. Salim Al Deen. Her first duet album entitled "Ek Mutho Gaan-1" (released in 2006) was recorded with Bappa Mazumder. Fahmida Nabi and Bappa Majumder's second studio album "Ek Mutho Gaan-2" was released on the Valentine's Day in 2010.
She runs a voice modulation institution named Karigori since 2007 and works as voice grooming facilitator for that institution.
Nabi has won the National Film Award as the Best Female Playback Singer in 2007 for her song "Lukochuri Lukochuri Golpo" in Bengali Film "AHA". She also received Channel i Performance Award in 2008 Meril prothom alo award 2009.
Mixed and solo albums
- Ek Mutho Gaan 1
- Ek Mutho Gaan 2 
- Dupurer Ekla Pakhi (Solo)
- Tumi Ki Shei Tumi (Solo)
- Mone Ki Pore Na (Solo)
- Carta Deyal Hothat Kheyal (Solo)
- Shopno Golpo 
- Akash o Shomudro 
- Amar Bela Je Jae 
- Celebrating Life 1, 2, 3
- Ami Akash Hobo
- Tobu Brishti Chai ( Solo)
- Ay Bhalobasha (Mixed)
- Icche Hoe (Solo) -recently released
- Akash O Shomudro Opar, a tribute to Selim Al Deen | PRIYO
- "Fahmida Nabi and Tomal o n "Gaanalap"". The Daily Star. 3 March 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "Fahmida Nabi Breathes Life into Al Deen's Lyrics". The Daily Star. 16 January 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Fahmida Nabi teams up with Close Up-1 stars". The Daily Star. 15 May 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Shamin Mortada, Syeda (23 January 2009). "The other side of the story:Judging a talent show". The daily Star. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "Bappa and Fahmida’s musical offering for Valentine’s Day". The Daily Star. 13 February 2010. Retrieved 31 May 2011.