Failsworth Metrolink station
A tram approaching Failsworth Metrolink station
Location of Failsworth in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Original operator||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Pre-grouping company||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Post-grouping company||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|Opened||26 April 1881|
|Closed as rail station||3 October 2009|
|Conversion to Metrolink operation||13 June 2012|
|UK Trams portal|
Failsworth railway station opened on 26 April 1881 and was situated in Failsworth, in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. It was notable for its wooden platforms. The station was on the Oldham Loop Line 3 1⁄2 miles (6 km) north east of Manchester Victoria, and was operated and managed by Northern Rail at the time of its closure.
- 5 trams per hour to Rochdale railway station
- 5 trams per hour to East Didsbury
Connecting bus routes
Failsworth station is served by two direct bus service but several services also stop nearby. Stagecoach Manchester service 151 runs northbound to Hollinwood via New Moston and southbound to Hightown via Newton Heath, Harpurhey and Cheetham Hill. Stagecoach service 159 also stops outside and runs northbound to Middleton via New Moston and southbound to Oldham via Woodhouses, Hollinwood and Chadderton.
On Oldham Road, First Greater Manchester services 83, 180 and 184 provide frequent and direct buses between Manchester and Oldham with the 83 continuing to Sholver and the 180/184 running to Saddleworth plus Huddersfield (184).
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 93. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- "Failsworth". Disused Stations. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "Metrolink line to Oldham set to open". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Failsworth". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Oldham and Rochdale Line". Metrolink. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Failsworth Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Rochdale Railway Station Line||
towards Rochdale Railway Station
|Oldham and Rochdale Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre
Oldham Loop Line
|Oldham Lines - Past, Present and Future|
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|