February 21, 1985 |
Live Oak, Florida, United States
|Achievements||1999 World Karting Association National Champion
Four-time Florida Karting Association Champion
|Awards||2003 FASCAR Sunbelt Super Series Rookie of the Year|
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|6 races run over 2 years|
|Car no., team||No. 41 (Rick Ware Racing)|
|Best finish||56th – 2011|
|First race||2011 Kroger 200 (IRP)|
|Last race||2012 NRA American Warrior 300 (Atlanta)|
|Statistics current as of September 1, 2012.|
Fain Skinner (born February 21, 1985 in Live Oak, Florida) is an American stock car racing driver. Winner of the 1999 World Karting Association National Championship, he races part-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the ARCA Racing Series.
Skinner began his racing career at the age of nine, competing in kart racing events; he would go on to score over one hundred wins in kart racing, and was named the 1999 National Champion of the World Karting Association, in addition to winning the Florida Karting Association championship four times.
Moving to competing in stock cars at the age of 15, Skinner established himself in late model racing; he raced in the FASCAR Sunbelt Super Series, a Florida late model racing circuit, from 2003–2005, winning the series' Rookie of the Year award in 2003.
Skinner made his debut in national NASCAR competition in 2011, competing in four races in the Nationwide Series. His debut was at the Kroger 200 at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, competing for Rick Ware Racing, and finishing 26th; he would run three races later in the year for Go Green Racing, scoring a best finish of 23rd at Dover International Speedway in September.
In 2012, Skinner made his debut in the ARCA Racing Series, competing in the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 at Daytona International Speedway in the No. 39 Chevrolet owned by Mario Gosselin. Skinner ran a consistent race, but was collected in an accident on the final lap of the event, finishing 15th.
Skinner planned to compete in selected events in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series late in the 2012 season, but his next major race in 2012 was at Bristol Motor Speedway in the Nationwide Series for Rick Ware Racing in August.
Personal and business life
Skinner, who is unrelated to 1995 NASCAR SuperTruck Series presented by Craftsman champion Mike Skinner, is a third-generation resident of Suwannee County, Florida and is a graduate of Lake City Community College. He and his wife Hannah have two sons. Skinner helps operate the family business, Skinner's Paint and Body Shop, in Live Oak, Florida; in August 2012, he and his father Ronald received one of Suwannee County's first five liquor licenses.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings. * – Most laps led.)
NASCAR Nationwide Series results
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|2011||Rick Ware Racing||41||Chevrolet||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||TAL||NSH||RCH||DAR||DOV||IOW||CLT||CHI||MCH||EKL||DAY||KEN||NHA||NSH||IRP
|Go Green Racing||39||Ford||BRI
|2012||Rick Ware Racing||41||Ford||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||RCH||TAL||DAR||IOW||CLT||DOV||MCH||EKL||KEN||DAY||NHA||CHI||IND||IOW||GLN||CGV||BRI
* Season in progress
- "Fain Skinner: The Live Oak native who happens to race cars". Suwannee Democrat. Live Oak, FL. November 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Fain Skinner Biography". Fain Skinner official website. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Shacklette, Buddy (July 1, 2004). "Time to pull ahead, sit back for Skinner". The Daytona Beach News-Journal (Daytona Beach, FL). p. 02A.
- Barker, John (April 28, 2005). "FASCAR Is Revving Up for USA International Speedway". The Ledger. Lakeland, FL. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Montgomery, Lee (July 29, 2011). "Fain Skinner to make Nationwide Series debut at Indy for Rick Ware Racing". NNS Racing. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Boatright, Jeffry (February 16, 2012). "Fain Skinner Daytona bound". Suwannee Democrat. Live Oak, FL. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Florida Favorite Fain Skinner Ready For ARCA Debut At Daytona International Speedway". Catchfence.com. February 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Boatright, Jeffry (February 21, 2012). "Skinner enjoys solid Daytona debut". Suwannee Democrat. Live Oak, FL. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Fain Skinner to run Rick Ware Racing No. 41 car at Bristol Motor Speedway". Catchfence.com. August 23, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Alcohol’s economic impact: County’s first package store opening soon". Suwannee Democrat (Live Oak, FL). August 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-02.