Fair Oaks is an unincorporated community in Union Township, Jasper County, Indiana.
Fair Oaks was made a station on the railroad built through that territory in the early 1880s. The Fair Oaks post office was established in 1884.
Fair Oaks is located at 41°04′30″N 87°15′27″W / 41.07500°N 87.25750°W.
As of 2013, Fair Oaks Farms in Fair Oaks features a working Rotolactor that is open to the public as a part of its "Dairy Adventure" tour.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Fair Oaks, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 74.
- ^ "Jasper County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- ^ "Dairy Adventure at Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks, Indiana". RoadsideAmerica.com. Retrieved 2013-07-12.